Don't Give Up

*Y/n P.O.V.*

That night I slept soundly next to Yancy. What he had told me was very personal and not something you would want to tell anyone about.

I kept thinking about what he had done after our conversation not long ago. He had kissed my head and turned around. He decided to face the wall instead of facing me. This small gesture alone showed me how ashamed he was of himself and what he had done.

All this time I had no idea why he had done it. But now I knew the truth. To be completely honest, it scares me. He scares me.

I wasn't afraid of him before, despite knowing what he had done in a very vague description. But now I knew that he could fly off the handle at any given moment, because of one word, one action, one sentence, one look... It shook me to the core.

I knew that if I wanted to spend any more time around him, I needed to be careful. But I understood why he has done what he did.

People do bad things when they are trying to survive. That's all he was doing, surviving, at first. After that, he lost it. I hoped he would never do that with me. I wanted both of us to be happy together. Us? I like the sound of that.

My heart wants nothing more than to comfort you and keep you safe, to have a happy ending with you, enjoying our lives outside these prison walls.

"I can't give up on you... So please don't give up on yourself..." I spoke quietly so I wouldn't wake him. His body was so close to my own. The way his broad shoulders and muscular arms stood in front of me like a wall, stopping me from passing.

My words were too weak to pass through the iron wall he had built around his heart. Instead of daring to wake him I simply cuddled closer to him, wrapping my arms around his sleeping torso. And that's how I stayed until...

"The y/n needs to wake up!"

"For f*** sake Nugg- I mean Heapass! What do you want now!?!"

"It is morning. Y/n must leave the sleeping Yancy before the guards find the secret lovers."

"Wait what?"

"It is morning y/n."

"SH** I GOTTA GO!" I ran out of the cell door, which was still open. Maybe I shouldn't have been so horrible to that guard in the first place after all. He was a pretty cool guy.

I quickly made my way towards the exit. Heapass following close behind. I could hear the guards running down the corridor towards the exit, where I was now standing.

Heapass grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug, his eyes showing a side to him I didn't think I'd see. He was showing expression! I didn't think he could express himself like this.

"Please take Heapass with you. Heapass has been here for too long. Heapass wants to be free, have friends like the kind y/n and the handsome Yancy. Please..."

I looked behind him, nobody was there yet. I could still hear the guards all running towards us. Should I take him with me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Decision Time!

Take Heapass or come back another day?

Thanks Friends,

Iamtrash16

Xxxxxxxxxxx