Chapter Twenty Six.

Isaac's POV

"You wanted to see me, pops?" I poke my head into my fathers office.

We're at his warehouse, he's sitting behind his desk, a huge smile plastered on his face, my mother's sitting in one of the chairs in front of him, her hand on the desk as pops clings onto it.

He lets go of her hand and nods his head, "come in, son," he waves me towards them.

Ma turns to look at me, "hi baby."

I walk over to my parents and lean down to kiss my mother on the cheek, "hey ma. I thought you were going downtown?"

She shakes her head no as she gets up from the chair, "I'm on my way now." She leans in to kiss me on the cheek, "behave," she commands softly and begins to walk around to pops desk.

He gets up as Ma walks up to him and he's leaning down to kiss her, "the both of you," Ma says, narrowing her eyes as she looks up at pops.

My dad leans down to kiss her one last time as I take a seat in one of the two chairs, "I'll see you at dinner," he says.

Ma smiles and nods her head, instantly beaming with happiness and is turning to walk out of pops office, leaving us alone.

"E la fidanzata?" Pops questions as he sits back down in his chair.

"At home getting ready, she's gonna have lunch with Angela in a while."

"So then she's gonna be occupied?"

I nod a bit confused.

Yes?

Pops is then reaching into one of his desk drawers, pulling out a yellow folder he tosses it in front of me.

"Your one and only priority today."

Great.

I reach for the chart already annoyed that he's making me go after someone so soon, my knuckles are still swollen and sore as fuck from last night.

I open the chart and nearly lose my shit when I see who's the target.

Carmen Rodriguez.

Hailey's best fucking friend.

Fucken aye.

I don't react though, I don't give my dad that satisfaction, I go through the paperwork, through the pictures, when my heart starts to slam in my chest and my blood pressure's dropping.

Dion, my best friend is in a couple of the pictures, they're from the same night we went into the city behind pops back and I know that he knows what happened that night, I know that this is the real reason why he's going after the little brunette.

"You had someone tail me.." I mumble, looking up from Carmen's profile.

Her folder literally contains her whole life here.

It has her living address, her moms, her dads, her car model , her school, everyone single one of her classes, there's pictures of her by herself, with Ric, Hailey, and Dion, anything that's relevant is in here.

My dad sits back in his chair, staring sternly in my direction.

"I had Sax's tailed actually, I was already having doubts about him." He scoffs loudly while shaking his head mildly, "didn't expect to find my own son with him that night that's for sure.

I don't apologize.

Apologizing is a sign of weakness.

"Why didn't you step in? Why didn't you stop it?"