Chapter Four

Hailey's POV

"Hailey!"

I look behind me as I walk down my school courtyard, my books in my hand to find Swara Zaveri, one of my classmates from my American History class. She's a few feet away speed walking in my direction, attempting to flag me down.

"Hey!" She smiles excitedly. "Wait up!"

I stop walking and wait for her to catch up, mentally groaning to myself. I felt sick to my stomach and had one of the biggest headaches of all time right now, I literally just wanted to go home and take a nap but here she was preventing me from doing so.

I try and plaster a fake smile on my face as I wait for Swara to catch up to me, something I've rarely done, I am not a rude person, but the nausea, the headache, and my menstrual cycle all together in one day really weren't a good combination and I just wasn't in the bestest of moods.

"Wow," She exhales deeply, placing her hands on her hips. "Aren't you a fast one. You dropped this on the way out," she hands me a packet of papers.

I reach for it and notice that it's my syllabus for the class we have together, the class that I just left, my last class of the day thank God. My names on the top right corner of the packet in purple ink, along with some other little doodles, I definitely wasn't paying attention to my first lecture thanks to the headache.

"Oh my god, thank you," I tell her. "I didn't even realize I dropped it."

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

"Just home," I smile.

"Headache still?"

I nod.

Swara actually took the seat next to mine in class, she asked if I was doing okay when she seen me with my head down, I simply smiled and nodded my head yes, telling her I had a small headache.

"Why don't you try taking these," She begins to dig inside of her bag, pulling out a little white container.

They're prescribed pills.

"I get bad migraines," she explains while pouring out two small pink pills in her palm. "Take one right now and the other one before bed if your head is still bothering you," she smiles.

I take the small pills from her, "thanks, Swara, that's really nice of you."

"Eh, don't mention it. We should totally go out tonight if you're feeling better. My boyfriend's a drummer in this band and they're playing tonight at this local bar, but I don't wanna go alone," she scrunches her nose.

The old part of me immediately tenses up and gets anxious at the mention of going to a public bar. I'm already trying to think of excuses why I can't go when my subconscious starts screaming at me.

I haven't exactly made any new friends aside from Liv and Swara like I would have liked to, and plus Carmen wouldn't count Liv because she's technically our roommate, she was forced into our friendship.

"Earth to, Hailey!" Swara giggles waving her hand my face. "You okay? You kind spaced out there."

"I did? I'm sorry I didn't mean too. It's a bad habit of mine."

She smiles, "so what do you say, you down for tonight?

"I don't know, Swara, I'm not even old enough to get in, let alone drink," I try and wheezal my way out of it.

"You're eighteen, right?" I nod. "You'll be fine, it's eighteen and over! Don't worry about the drinks," she winks. "I got that covered."

"Great," I say sarcastically.