Chapter Thirty Three.

Hailey's POV

Isaac is instantly pushing himself off of the door frame and is walking in my direction as I continue to watch the phone ring in my hand, attempting to keep my heart from flying out of my chest.

"Why is he calling me," I look up at my boyfriend.

"I don't know," Isaac says as he reaches for the phone, "only one way to find out."

I quickly began to shake my head placing my hand on top of his, "don't answer it, what if he knows."

"Then play it off," Isaac grumbles softly. "If we don't answer, baby he's gonna get more suspicious, don't let him know that you know he knows because that's what he's expecting."

I hesitantly nod my head as Isaac answers the call before it can go to voicemail. He places the call on the speaker, holding it in front of me, "Carmelo, hi."

It takes almost everything in me to keep my voice from trembling.

"Ms. Summers, how are you, are you busy?"

Why is he calling me Ms. Summers, he hasn't called me Ms. Summers in weeks..

I glance over at Isaac as he mouths the word 'breathe'.

I inhale a deep quiet breath, "I'm never too busy for you, Mr. Matteo," I tease.

He chuckles softly, "Care to explain why you missed your training this morning then."

Crap.

"Oh my god, I completely forgot.."

"You forgot? How do you forget something you've been doing every single day for the past two weeks, Hailey?"

"I know I'm sorry, I've had a lot on my mind since the accident," I say.

Carmelo always got a bit awkward whenever I talked about my feelings and mental health, they weren't a part of his life therefore he didn't know how to deal with certain scenarios and got uncomfortable whenever my feelings were brought up, I'm hoping this is one of those times where it'll throw him off guard, and I think it does for about a second..

He stays quiet for about a few seconds and is sighing deeply, "you and Isaac must really think I'm fucking stupid don't cha?"

My heart instantly sinks to my stomach as I grab the phone from Isaac, holding it up myself. "What do you mean?"

"Look out the window, Hailey."

"The window?" I frown.

"Look out the fucking hospital window," Carmelo repeats himself a little more sternly.

I gently nudged Isaac to the side, getting him out of my way nervously walking over to the window. We're on the fourth floor so I of course have to look down once I'm standing near the glass and instant chills are running up my spine.

My anxiety immediately kicks in when I see two black SUVs parked in the 'pick up zone', with Isaac's dad standing near them accompanied by three of his meaty guys.

He has his phone glued next to his ear as he looks up in our direction, "you know-" he sighs. "I'm really disappointed in you, Hail, I don't know why I expected better from you."

My breath immediately hitches when I hear Isaac's dad call me by my nickname that so many other people call me, he's never once called me Hail, it's been sweetheart, angel, Hailey for the past couple weeks. My eyes instantly threaten to water up and I'm choking on my words as I begin to softly shake my head, when my phone is being yanked out of my hand.