Chapter Thirty Seven.

Isaac's POV

A loud sound is jolting me out of my sleep which causes my girlfriend who's sleeping cuddled up next to me to stir a bit from my sudden movement. She loosens her hold from around me and is turning over to face in the opposite direction.

I lay perfectly still waiting to hear something out of the ordinary, my body already on high alert, yet get nothing, the house is dead quiet. I turn on my side so that I'm no longer laying on my back and glance at the digital clock to see that it's nearly three in the morning, it's 2:47 am.

I extend my arm out and drape it over Hailey's body, pulling her closer to me as she scoots back; I know that she's not asleep, she's become such a light sleeper ever since she's moved in and blames me for it.

I nestle myself into the crook of her neck praying to baby Jesus that sleep comes my way soon, I'm exhausted. I've been having the hardest time actually falling asleep, even staying asleep sometimes.

I inhale a deep breath and exhale it slowly when I feel Hailey rub her hand up my arm, "you okay?"

I don't answer her verbally, I nod my head quietly and pull her closer to me when I hear the same loud sound from before.

I turn to look behind me to see that the hall light is now on. The noise is definitely coming from downstairs, it sounds like a loud thump, like if something is being thrown around almost and I'm quickly reaching for my lamp and turning it on.

I bolt out of bed a second later and grab my sweats that are laying on the floor and reach for my gun in my nightstand to find Hailey sitting up in bed, watching me, looking as fine as ever in my long sleeve shirt and tousled hair.

"What is that?" She wonders out loud as there's another loud sound.

I shake my head, "I don't know, stay here until I find out."

"Babe wait, what if someone's in the house.."

I walk back over to the bed and lean down to kiss her on her forehead, "the alarm would've gone off if someone broke in, but lock the door behind me to be safe."

She nods her head and is climbing off of the bed and is following behind me as I exit the room, giving her a quick last kiss.

I'm about to make my way down the stairs when I hear a door open behind me and nearly lose my shit thinking it's my girlfriend coming back out to find my own mother coming out of her bedroom in a black silky robe, looking as tired as ever.

I use my gun to point back to her bedroom, "go back to bed ma, I got this."

She's about to say something when there's another loud thump only this time it sounds like something breaking, something shattering, followed by deep muffled yells.

Ma tightens her robe around her as she starts to make her way up to me, "will you put that away," she's referring to my gun. "It's most likely your father. He's been coming home drunk all week."

"He has?" I frown.

She nods her head with a sad look in her eyes. She cups the side of my face with her hand, "go back to bed baby, I'll handle it."

I shake my head while removing her hand gently, "I'm going with you."

She sighs deeply and is nodding yes and is making her way down the stairs as I follow closely behind her.

I set my gun down on one of the hallway tables as we walked up to my fathers office.

We're a couple feet away from the office when my father starts to shout but everything is still muffled through the walls. There's definitely someone else in there with him though because I instantly pick up on a second deep voice as we walk over to the doors. It's still a little hard to recognize the voice through the walls but I'm willing to bet that it's most likely Don in there with him, probably trying to defuse him.