Chapter Thirty Five.

Isaac's POV

"You good KP?"

Hmmm I turn to look at Dion who's sitting to the left of me, we're currently in his Jeep, driving back home from our last pick up.

I nod.

"You're quiet, I don't like when you're quiet."

I snort softly and sit up straight and stretch my arm slowly, I was finally able to move it around without the stupid ass shoulder sling.

"You ever think about how your life would be if it were different, normal?" I wonder out loud.

Dion sighs deeply, "no," he answers honestly. "Then again I don't have reasons to."

I nod quietly.

"What's going on with you KP? I've never seen you this unsure about anything before."

"I don't know," I sigh. "My fucking heads just been on overload lately you know. The more I think about it, the more I don't want to take the throne..."

Dion quickly turns to the right of him, "the fuck you mean? Please tell me this ain't about red , KP.."

"Look at everything that's happened these past couple months, Dee, how much she's been dragged into.."

"Okay and? She's still standing, she's still breathing, she's still here, she's still with you, quit fucking babying her, Isaac."

Now I'm the one who's quickly turning to look at him.

He glances at me for about a second or, "I said what the fuck I said," and is turning back to the road ahead of him, we're currently on the freeway. "You treat Hailey like she's this delicate piece of glass that's gonna break at any given second and she's not, Isaac."

Okay he's called me by my first name twice now.

"I get you're just trying to protect her dude, but you're over fucking doing it now, quit treating her like she's the same girl we've first met, I know you see her growth, everyone else does."

"I fucking see it."

"Then quit your shit," he snarls as he drives towards our exit. He mentioned that he has to grab a couple things for his mother from the store and I really didn't mind tagging along, lord knows I can use the quality guy time.

I love Angela, I really do, she was always there for me when I needed her, she always knew how to make me feel better, she gave me that soft feminie comfort that I needed from time to time before Hailey came around, but Dion always knew how to set me straight.

He tells it like it is whether I wanted to hear it or not, he always tells me what I need to hear, not what I wanted to hear, he's the one person who never holds back, the one person who isn't afraid of me, the one person who treats me as equally as him, not as someone he needs to respect because they're afraid of what could happen should they upset my father or I.

Dion respects me as his best friend, he treats me like his friend and only as his friend, not because of what family I come from, or what my name is.

"Look at how much she's done for you, Isaac!"

Three times.

"She left her friends, her new life, school, to come live with your dumbass. To give you that comfort state of mind you needed because you can't get your possessive-self under control. She's living in a whole new world that she's not accustomed to, KP, and I think she's doing a damn good job at it. As fucked up as it sounds you guys robbed her from the only real normal life experience she'll ever get, your dad literally snacthed her life away with no hesitation just like he does with everything else, she doesn't have her best friend, she doesn't have her dad, all she has is you and you're being a little punk bitch right now, man the fuck up and get the fuck out of your head."