Chapter Twelve.

Isaac's POV

I slouch deeper into Dion's passengers seat as I watch him walk up to his girlfriend, my best friend, his best friend from the inside of his Jeep. He bends down to kiss her, handing her the bag of food he's bought; her pub and chips.

Dion's left his Jeep parked in the drop off/pick up zone so they're only a few feet away from me, I can totally read Angela's lips from where I'm at, she's asking him what's wrong from the distraught look on his face.

I've just finished repeating everything to Dion that Cris has told me in the alley a few minutes ago, which Dee will probably repeat to Ang for sure, but I didn't care at this point, I needed to think of something quick to save my friends life, without my father finding out.

I watch my friends in front of me as Dion continues to keep talking to Ang and she's immediately turning towards the truck, waving in this direction. I sit up a bit and begin to crack the window open and wave back, Dion has tinted windows as well.

Angela hands the little plastic bag back to Dion and they both start to walk back in this direction. I mentally groan to myself because I would have rather liked to be left unbothered. Ang doesn't stand outside of the truck like I figured she would, no, instead she reaches for the door handle and is pulling it wide open, taking a step closer she's instantly wrapping her arms around me, pulling me into her.

I stay completely still in her arms for a couple seconds, confused with her sudden affection, not really having a clue as to what to do. Do I engage her back? Do I pry her off of me and ask if she's okay? Do I continue to drag this out and stand here awkwardly?

"Promise me that you'll take care of it, KP," she quietly mumbles into my ear.

I immediately frown and pull away from her, slightly tilting my head to the side, still confused.

Her eyes begin to water up as she say continues to speak.

"Promise me that you'll take care of him."

She's referring to Patrick, Dion's already told her.

I nod and reply, "I will."

A couple lone tears begin to trail down her face, "he won't last very long without the family's protection and you know it," she cries.

I go to wipe the wet tears that have stained my best friend cheeks, begging her not to cry. "Nothing's gonna happen to him, Angela, I Promise. I'll figure it out, I have something in mind."

She nods her head yes wiping her eyes, "promise me that you guys will be careful please, I don't wanna see any of you guys get hurt, by anyone," she adds, looking directly at my busted lip.

I nod and pull her back in for one last hug, "I'm fine," I mutter. "We're all gonna be fine, okay?"

I feel he nod her head against my chest as she pulls away from me, wiping her face one last time.

"Stop crying, Ang. please, you know I hate that shit."

"Sorry," she mumbles under her breath.

I smile, "are you liking your classes still?"

"Ehh," she shrugs. "I told Dee he should take my English Lit professor out because he won't stop assigning damn essays."

"And what did I say?" Dion smiles as he walks up behind Angela, placing his hand on top of the opened door, caging Ang in the middle of him and I.

She glances back at him for a quick second, "if I wanna live in the real world I have to deal with real world problems."

"And those are?"