Chapter Eight.

Hailey's POV

"Hey," there's a light knock and deep voice coming from behind me, startling me. "You taking off?"'

"Oh my god," I flinch and turn around to find Silas standing outside of my door, leaning against the door frame.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to sneak up on you," he chuckles.

Its Friday afternoon and I was currently packing up my duffle bag and a box with a few things that I didn't need here to take back home. I had my bedroom door open because I've been in and out of my bathroom all morning, trying to pack everything up that I needed, as always I left everything till last minute.

I needed to leave as soon as possible if I wanted to beat rush hour traffic, I wanted to make it back in time for dinner and not get stuck in the chaos, my dad will have my head if I'm even a second late tonight.

"Yeah," I smile softly and stick the last of my things into my adidas bag, zipping it up. "Ima go home for the weekend. Did Carmen leave already?"

"Uh I don't know, I don't think she came home," he snorts. "I was in the living room until like almost three in the morning and she never came in."

"Of course," I mumble underneath my breath.

"Liv asked me to give you this before you left."

I turn to look at him to find that there's a square Tupperware in his hand, in the middle of the air.

"She's not here?" I frown and walk up to take the Tupperware.

Silas shakes his head, "nope, it's just the two of us, she got called in for an early shift."

Great. I need to leave as soon as possible then.

I simply smile and open up the dark red lid to find some potatoes mixed with eggs and sausage inside of The Tupperware; my favorite.

I bring it up to my nose and take a good whiff of the maple smell from the sausage, my stomach instantly starting to growl. I've been so busy with packing that I haven't had a chance to eat breakfast.

I hear Silas chuckle deeply totally forgetting that he was still standing there.

Why won't he go away?

"Uh, she said it's for the road," he adds.

"Thank you," I smile. "I'll text her in a little."

"You might need this," he holds out a fork in front of him.

I reach for the silverware and thank him one last time and stick it into the inside of my duffle bag so I won't have so many things in my hands.

"Okay," I say to myself. "I think I'm ready."

I reach for my black and pink duffle bag and sling it over my shoulder and do the same exact thing with my purse, when I should've just shoved it into my duffle bag as well. I close the top of my box and I'm about to pick it up when Silas is stepping into my room, walking up to my bed.

"Need some help?"

I shake my head, "I got it thank you," I attempt to pick up the box, but it's a bit of a struggle.

Silas immediately begins to chuckle, "let me help you, Hailey, please." I stare up at him, the box getting heavier with every second that passes by. "Give it here," he says reaching for it and is then taking it out of my hands a second later.

"Thank you," I smile and walk past him. I step out in the hall, out of his way until he's standing right next to me, waiting as I close my door behind us.