Chapter Forty Seven.

Hailey's POV

"How are you alive right now?!" I exclaim as my heart continues to pound in my chest, staring over at the man in front of me, the man who I believed I watched die right before my eyes.. "I thought you were dead," I murmured.

Sax inhales a deep breath but his face is instantly contouring in pain, "guess Fonz didn't need me yet," he smiles dismissing his comfort..

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, reaching for his hand. He nods quietly, softly squeezing my hand, letting it go a second later.

"You weren't breathing, Milo... I- I thought I watched you die," my voice breaks as that night starts to replay in my head, as I remember the puddle of blood that he was laying in, the blood that had come out of him, there was no way that he could've survived that, or so I thought.

"There was so much blood.."

"Guess your friend decided to save me," he answered bluntly and flatly, shrugging his shoulders.

I frown, "friend? What friend? There was no one else out there, Sax."

"Roxwell," Isaac answers beside me as he folds his arms along his chest. "His guys collected his body and rushed him to the hospital when he was a little preoccupied knocking you out," he grits bitterly in between clenched teeth.

I reach for his arm, "babe.."

Isaac rolls his eyes quietly looking away.

"According to the doctors I had stopped breathing by the time I arrived at the ER," Milo explains. "Which is weird because I don't remember much, it almost felt like a dream. I remember hearing your annoying voice," he smiles softly and I'm quickly swatting him on his arm.

"Jerk."

"I'm kidding!" He chortles. "But I do remember hearing you. Everything's still hazy but I remember hearing your screams- from a distance at least, or they sounded at a distance. Everything's kind of a blank after that because one second I'm listening to your voice and next thing I know I'm waking up in this room, countless nurses hovering over me."

I feel a small ache in my chest as I reach for his hand again and he instantly tenses up, "you died," my voice cracks as I feel my heart shutter.

"Multiple times," my boyfriend adds.

I turn to find him with his arms still crossed along his chest, Milo quickly pulling his hand away.

"He had given up, the doctors said he had stopped fighting because they kept losing him when he was in the OR, they would get him back for a bit and a couple minutes later he was flat lining again."

I turn to look at Milo to find him looking off to the ground as I feel my eyes immediately begin to tear up.

I can't begin to imagine how much pain he's in right now, what he's going through, what his body went through, he definitely has a long recovery road ahead of him but I'm glad to hear that he pulled through, that he's still here, he's alive.

"I think he felt his mom raising hell in the hallway.."

Milo's instantly looking over at Isaac a second after, frowning, "my mom?"

Isaac nods and frowns, "you haven't spoken to her?"

Milo shakes his head no, "she's been here the entire time but hasn't said more than two words to me."

Isaac's frown deepens, "she probably doesn't know how, you haven't exactly made it easy for her, Emiliano."

"Emiliano?" I arch an eyebrow. "You have an actual government name?"