Chapter Forty One.

Hailey's POV

I wake up with a pounding headache that nearly makes me want to cry as I attempt to open my eyes, my vision immediately blurry and I'm rubbing them with the back of my hand to clear them up a bit to find Cris sitting down in front of me a couple seconds later in a chair, his left leg folded on top of his right, his gun in his hand, one of the meanest glare's I'd ever seen on him.

He glances to his left near the door where there's a big guy standing at, a big gun in his hand and Cris is tilting his head to the side, "go let him know she's awake."

The guy nods and is stepping out of the room leaving Cris and I alone.

"Is he one of yours?" I ask as I sit up on the couch I was laying on and take in the small room that we're in.

It looks like a normal decent size bedroom, no bigger than mine at my dad's house, only it seems to be under construction because most of the furniture is under plastic or white sheets, except for the couch that I was currently sitting on and the chair Cris was in.

He shakes his head no as I continue to look around the room, there's no natural sunlight coming in because the window of course is boarded up.

I scoff and shake my head turning back to Cris, "talk about dejavu.."

Cris doesn't say anything in return, he keeps the same stern stare and is lifting his hand up, the one that's holding his gun and is pointing over at his eye, "how's it feeling?"

I frown and go to touch my face and instantly whimper at the pain.

"Yeah it's bruising pretty bad.."

"Could've gone with a lighter touch," I grumbled, going back in slowly to feel my cheek.

Cris points to the left of me with his gun, "there's a small mirror on the dresser over there."

Getting up from the couch I quickly make my way over to where Cris pointed to and sure enough there's a gold square mirror under one of the sheets.

I remove the sheet and lean down to inspect my face and nearly want to cry when I take it in, the entire upper left side of my face is already purple from where Cris hit me with his gun, there's a couple red blotches right under my eye, and some blood on the inside corner of my eye, and so much swelling.

"Oh my god..."

"I'm sorry," Cris says from behind me and I instantly feel my eyes starting to water up as my left eye begins to burn. "I had to make it look real."

I don't say anything in return and go back to touch my cheek for a third time, letting out a small sob as I continue to look in the mirror.

"Hailey-"

"He's gonna kill you," I say abruptly and turn around to face him to find Cris standing up now, he's no longer sitting in the chair. "They both are.."

Cris shrugs his shoulders, "Isaac might, but Carmelo and I we went over numerous scenarios where you and his wife could possibly get hurt and I was instructed to do what I needed to do."

"Bullshit."

Cris doesn't say anything in return and is actually walking over to me and is standing directly in front of me, a little too close if you ask me.

He brings up his free hand and is grabbing my necklace looking down at it, "it's pretty," he utters under his breath and is then smirking. "We can always say it's for my middle name should you and Matteo ever break up."

"Cris.." I murmur and swat his hand away, tucking my necklace into my shirt so it's not visible. "Is he okay?" I ask.

Cris's smile is quick to disappear and he's shaking his head pointing at my chest, "you don't let anyone find that, you hear me? I can't help you out of here. I'm out numbered without your father in law so that needs to be with you at all times, Hailey."