.019

She does not like this planet with its graffitied buildings and red-eyed beasts growling in the dark. Even with Mando walking beside her, Alora keeps a tight grip on the Child's cradle and constantly attempts to block his view of the dimly lit streets. "At least Taris had lights," she mutters.

"Terrible air," Mando replies.

"No arguments here."

She is still furious with him, but the anger has dimmed from an encompassing need to a constant thrum in the back of her mind. As they walk up to a door with a Twi'lek man standing guard, Alora is tempted to close the Child's cradle but refrains.

"We're here to see Gor Koresh," Mando says.

The Twi'lek glances at the Child before his eyes fall on Alora. She simply glares. "Enjoy the fights," he responds, opening the door for them.

Shouts greet her ears as the three walk into the filled battle arena. Two Gamorreans fight in a boxing ring while people yell from the sidelines, their spit spewing everywhere. Alora wraps her cloak around her tightly as they walk through the fans before Mando finds his target: an Abyssin man sitting in the front row.

"Guess you're my arm candy now. I'll do the talking this time," Mando mutters to her before he sits beside Gor Koresh.

Alora rolls her eyes but stays silent as she sits beside him, her hand still holding the small cradle while the Child watches nervously, his ears flattened against his head.

"You know, this is no place for a child," the Abyssin says.

"Wherever I go, they go."

"So I've heard."

Mando shifts in his place. "I've been quested to bring him to his kind. If I can locate other Mandalorians, they can help guide me. I'm told you know where to find them."

Gor Koresh waves his hand. "It's uncouth to talk business immediately. Just enjoy the entertainment." They turn to see one Gamorrean knock the other to the ground. "Bah! My Gamorrean's not doing well. Kill him! Finish him! Do you gamble, Mando?"

The hairs on the back of her neck stick up as she glances around the room, noticing a few too many armed guards gathering closer to them.

"Not when it can be avoided," Mando replies.

"Well, I'll bet you the information you seek that this Gamorrean's going to die within the next minute and a half, and all you have to put up in exchange is your shiny beskar armor."

"I'm prepared to pay you for the information. I'm not leaving my fate up to chance."

"Nor am I." Koresh takes out his blaster and shoots his opposition in the chest. The crowd gasps as the guards Alora noticed draw their weapons and aim them at Mando. While spectators run from the building, Alora clicks her tongue but otherwise remains still.