.020

Riding with Mando is always a pleasure. The way to Mos Pelgo was easy for the group on the rusty old speeder: Alora sat with the Child in her arms and with Mando at her back as he steered through the desert planet. The Tuscan raiders had been kind enough to let them rest before continuing to the old mining settlement Peli barely knew about.

As they ride into the small town, Alora's grip on the Child's sack tightens while she keeps an eye on the suspicious townsfolk. Mando parks in front of the tavern, though Alora can't understand how he knows: all the buildings look the same. "Stay here," he says as he gets off.

Alora rolls her eyes. She has no intention of listening, not when a Mandalorian might emerge from the shadows at any time. Slipping off of the bike, she sets the Child down with a pat on his head. "Stay with Mando, ok?" She whispers. "I'm gonna take a look around."

The Child coos as Alora turns and begins walking down the single main street. People watch her from the sides constantly, and she tries to pay them no attention. She isn't looking for people—she's looking for Mandalorians.

With the sun shining directly down on her, most of the shadows disappear from the town while she walks. It's nice to stretch her legs, though she has gotten her exercise for the day earlier that morning. The dark band of cloth around her wrist reminds of her just how enjoyable it was.

She hadn't expected Mando to say yes.

A shiver runs down her spine when she pauses next to a Bantha lapping up water. Narrowing her eyes, she raises a hand over her face as she looks back to the other side of town, her skin crawling in anticipation.

Alora lets out a yelp as the ground begins to shake. An alarm blares from the center of town as she steps further into the open street, her fingers itching to reach down. Wind blows through her hair, though it does not obscure her vision as she catches sight of the sand parting and moving like waves in the ocean.

Panic grips her spine as she leaps out of the street towards the nearest building and presses her back against the brick, always keeping an eye on the thing moving through the sand. Spikes rise from the ground as the creature makes its way through the town before they disappear.

Alora's gaze jerks up to the Bantha.

The spiked creature leaps from the confines of the sand, its mouth agape and swallows the Bantha whole. Alora had not seen a creature that large in a while, nor one so agile as to move through sand effortlessly. Mos Pelgo is in deep trouble.

She manages a step down from the building she had sought refuge against, her gaze locked on the spot the Bantha was standing just seconds ago. If a Mandalorian was truly here, why hadn't they taken care of the creature? Surely, it poses a threat to them as well as the townsfolk.