ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ.

[A/N] Hello lovelies <3 Another chapter downn! This chapter is gonna be very Y/N and Techno lore based. CRAZY, I know. Future me, how we doin?

Hey past me. Fuck. Shit. What the hell. I'm a genius. Give me an Oscar. Damn.

---

𝓣𝓮𝓬𝓱𝓷𝓸𝓫𝓪𝓭𝓮'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥.

The two sat in comfortable silence as they ate their cooked potatoes, along with some carrots and beef. Despite not much going on, it was one of moments where you did not worry about time. Y/N enjoyed those types of moments, despite encountering them frequently. The dim torched lights provided the two with a warm glow of illumination, the only natural light coming from stars and a feeble moon that peaked threw the glass pane windows. A warm fire in the other room sent a cozy heat travelling about the house. All was silent before she heard the heavy sigh of the man that sat across her. "Everything alright?" She asked, putting her fork down.

"Heh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking." Technoblade responded. He seemed a bit down, but Y/N couldn't place their finger on it.

"I see. Whatchya' thinking about? If you wanna talk about it, that is." Y/N asked, not wanting to pressure him into sharing.

"Just of some old friends, that's all." Technoblade wasn't lying. He wasn't exactly telling the truth either, but he wasn't lying.

"Could you tell me about them? That usually helps me when I feel homesick." Y/N smiled. Technoblade thought about whether it would actually be helpful, but ultimately decided it wouldn't hurt.

"Sure. Technically, they're my brothers. Adoptive, that is. They wanted to start their own country and I... well I don't exactly agree with government so when they started including that I uh... I ran away." Again, technically not a lie. Y/N couldn't tell anyways, and even if they did, they wouldn't pry into his business. "My younger brother, Tommy, can be a bit annoying at times. My older brother, Wilbur, can be immature. Most of the time, I'm considered the eldest despite being three years younger than Will." Techno continued. "Even though we didn't always get along, they're family. Blood or not." His eyes filled with a tint of subtle despair. "Wilbur... lost his life in the whole process. And for Tommy, well I don't exactly know how he's doing right now. He's still just a kid. He shouldn't get involved with all this government nonsense. Wilbur was only twenty-four, yet lost his life. And me? I can't help but feel... responsible." Techno's despair traded out for guilt. He was picking at his food, not making eye contact. "I'm sorry." Techno suddenly spoke. He felt like he was oversharing, and he started to feel as though he was burdening her.

"Why are you apologizing?" Y/N asked.

"Well, I don't really know how to deal with opening up. I never do it much myself, so I don't know how to feel when I do." Technoblade took a bite of his potato before setting his fork down and looking up, catching that Y/N was already looking at him.

"You don't have to open up, you know. I'm sure you're not interested in my past, and frankly, I'm not that interested in yours. We all have regrets and history we'd rather not share, so I'm not gonna force you. It's up to you if you'd like to continue." Y/N smiled. Her words were true, and it upset Techno. Not in the sense of being angry or sad, but in the sense that he was upset he didn't think about it like that beforehand. She was right. No one is obligated to open up to someone if they're uncomfortable. Everyone has regrets they'd rather not share, so don't make them share it. Of course, some times it's nice to get something off your conscience, but on a conscience as tainted as Techno's, he's grown used to the guilt.

"I suppose." Techno monotoned, going back to picking at his food. There were a couple seconds of silence before he heard clothes shuffling and a chair being backed up. Technoblade looked up and watched as Y/N left the room.