05| Chapter five

I was on my knees facing my parents, my head cast on the floor. The tears wouldn't stop flowing, they ran down my eyes like a river. Zoe and Zion were also with me, on their knees, begging my parents for me.

Mum hissed and turned her face away.

"Mum please, she didn't mean it, I promise." Zion begged.

"I see no reason why she's been extremely punished anyway, she has learnt her lesson so what is it?"

Zoe snorted and mum's face turned red. See this one, we're trying to solve an already laid down problem that I caused and she's still adding more.

Mumu girl.

"Watch your mouth young lady! I'm still your mother and I control your life whether you like it or not." Mum snapped. I shook my head, this was getting out of hand already.

"Not for long though." Zoe mumbled quietly but mum heard.

"Oh I see, so you also plan to be like your disgrace of a sister?" She pointed at me but I kept my head down. "Well, let me tell you what, I'll disown you before you bring disgrace to this family."

"Better yet."

Zoe cussed, rolling her eyes.

Zion hit her on the shoulder, glaring at her with thin eyes.

"Shut up Zoe, we're trying to solve a problem and you're adding to it, what's your problem?"

"It's you that have a problem o."

Zion ignored her and turned to mummy, his eyes apologetic.

"We're really sorry mum, I promise it won't happen again, right Zoe?"

Zion asked glaring at Zoe. Zoe scoffed and glared right back.

"Yeah, sorry."

"It's me she's talking to like that abi? Yeah sorry," Mum said mimicking Zoe. "One day, you'll tell me who the head of this house is, me or you?"

"Actually it's Dad."

The look on mum's face was enough to break a bottle, Zion held her back before she could do anything.

"Anyway, we're pleading on Ruth's behalf mum. I give you my word, she's changed now and I promise you that she won't do it again."

Mum looked past Zion to my pathetic self on the floor and she glared at me.

"This one? I doubt she would change. Before you know it, she'd be a roadside stripper sleeping with men for money. She needs to be taught a lesson before that happens, I can't afford to let her ruin the image of this family."

"Perfect image my foot."

Zoe snickered quietly so only I could ear. Only God knows what would have happened if she had heard. But she wasn't particularly lying though, our family was far from being perfect. Every family has problems, it just depends on the way each one handles it.

"No one's ruining any image mum. She's our sister mum, and your daughter too. Your first daughter for that matter, your first child. How would you feel if your friends were to see her learning a trade instead of going to school?"

Mum hissed again, rolling her eyes at the same time.

"And what's the problem with that? I could care less, she needs to learn her lesson."

"Mum please. You know somewhere in your heart that you wouldn't like that to happen, please just let her go to school."

Mum didn't reply. She placed her legs on the sofa, ignoring us all together.