22| Chapter twenty two

I don't know if y'all remember Micheal from chapter three. Well, he's back, and he'll be a dominant part of late Eighteen :^)

-

Micheal's point of view (POV)

"Are you done packing your things Micheal?" My mum asked just as she walked into my room. I nodded my head in the affirmative. "Come on, be fast or we'll be late for your flight."

I groaned as I tried to zip up my bag but it wouldn't budge because of the way I had all of my belongings jam-packed. But I shouldn't blame the bag, should I? I'm the one at fault here. If I had packed my things a week ago when I was told, then I wouldn't be in the same position that I am now.

I pressed everything down, forcing the zip to close up.

I released a deep sigh of gratitude when it did as I turned to face my mum who was still standing by my room door. "Who's following us to the airport?"

My mum rolled her eyes, gesturing to my constipated travel bag on the rug. "Everyone! Now pack your things and let's go, we don't have time to waste."

My eyes budged out of my head. "Everyone? Like everyone everyone?"

"Yes!" She threw a t-shirt at me which landed directly on my face. I watched as she began to walk away, banging the door on the way out. "You have five minutes to meet us down there or so help me God."

I rolled my eyes and began to wheel my boxes out of my room, turning back for a minute to see if I had missed a thing, but only coming face to face with an almost empty room, safe for the bed and my closet.

I'm going to miss staying here. Especially seeing my parents, and everyone that I love, especially my family. I'll miss my friends too-fuck this, I won't miss any of my friends, all my friends are fake, especially after Her.

I jumped down the stairs, only to see all of my family members already walking about as if preparing for one big event.

A deep groan escaped me.

It's only in Nigeria that you'd see that all family members, even the dead ones that are already resting in their graves, would be there to escort you to the airport when traveling.

I'm not complaining though, but honestly, it just gets tiring sometimes and makes you feel incapable to handle things on your own.

One of my aunts, Suzie, approved me. "Why are you even going to Nigeria to find highschool sef when America has most of the best schools? Someone can never understand you boys." She mumbled before walking out tye door to one of the two cars already waiting outside.

It's simple Aunty Suzie, I miss Her.

"Shall we get going now? We're already late as it is." My dad interrupted before picking one of my bags and walking outside too, leaving me to carry the remaining two.

"It's not too late to change your mind, Micheal." My mum tried to persuade me, holding one of my hands. "What's so special about Nigeria that you can't see here anyway?"

If only you knew Mum.

I pulled my hand away from hers. "You don't get it mum. It's not about the country, I just need a change of scenery, I'm tired seeing the same set of things every single day. Besides, I'm only staying for three months or so, just until I'm done with my exams."

Mum looked as if she was about to cry and it upsets me. But I need to do this for myself, I need to get answers.

She sniffled and pulled me into a warm hug. I'll miss her hugs. "Okay then, if you say so, just be safe. And remember, we already talked to the principal if thee school you'll be attending in Lekki. All you need to do is go there immediately you land and get familiar with things before you resume tomorrow."