27| Chapter twenty seven

"Ruth, right?" A light skinned boy blocked my way as I prepared to ascend the stairs. His smiled was so wide I thought he would mistakenly tear his lips, and his hair was up in dreads.

Shit, his smile is starting to affect my brain cells.

With the ton of earrings on his ears and his alcoholic breath, I was right to assume that he was about twenty or even more than.

Probably one of Grace's dingy paddies.

Atleast, his teeth seem clean, a much different contrast to Grace herself who's definition of freedom and maturity involves carrying boys way behind her age range, with rugged physical appearance and bad breath.

I raised a brow at him, a hand on my waist as I looked past his shoulder nonchalantly. "Who's asking?"

"Nice to meet you, my name's Victor. I was just sitting here, then I saw you and I thought I should shoot my shot-" He rubbed his palms and licked his lips in an old fashioned way that almost had my pucking my guts out.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, you got the wrong target, shoot your shot well next time." I brushed past his shoulders and began to walk up the stairs, leaving him dumbfounded behind me.

He scoffed and eyed me in distaste. "It's not as if you're fine sef, I just wan manage you."

By the time he finished his irrational sentence, I was already up the stairs and down the long corridor.

I looked behind me and saw him still standing where I left him. I flicked my hair- iconic since it was in a tight bun- and sent him a 'fuck you' sign.

With great delight, I watched him scowl at me in anger, downing his drunk like it was water and walking off with a frown on his face.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I don't even understand what possessed the male society to abhor the belief that that they can just approach girls in an unduly manner and expect them to go with the flow.

The funniest thing is that immediately they hear the word 'no', they go all ballistic on you like they weren't just asking you out.

Immature narcissistic fools.

But that's beside the point, where the hell did Zeke disappear to?

How could he bring me to a place and then abandon me with the excuse of going to the toilet?

Infact, I'm tired, I will just start to open all the doors in this house and maybe he might pop out of one of them.

Hopefully.

I pulled the first two doors open and searched the rooms, I couldn't find him in any of them. I walked down the corridor and pulled the next three doors open, still nothing.

I wiggled my toes and was about to open the last door on the left when Zeke stumbled out in his humble self, sweating profusely like he had just finished a marathon three good times.

"Zeke?" His eyes shot up to meet mine. I clocked my eyebrows towards the now closed door, then to his sweaty face.

His eyeballs widened as he pushed himself up his feet and walked just three steps to meet me. "Ruth, what're you doing up here?"

What was I doing up here? Is that even a proper question to ask your girlfriend whom you left stranded for over thrifty good minutes.

"What am I doing here?" I scoffed in disbelief and crossed my hands across my chest. "You! What were you doing in that room alone when you said you were going to the toilet?"