17| Chapter Seventeen

What do you think about characters for Late Eighteen?

If we can get ten people, y'all are getting characters.

Just comment +1

♪♪♪

"Be good kids, and don't cause any trouble. If you need to prepare anything to eat, just take it out of the freezer and warm it. I don't think you'll need to though, Mrs. Henshaw will be around." Mum explained as we helped her pack some of her clothes into the big box.

Someone would think they were going on a three-month trip with the quantity of designer clothes they were packing.

Especially mum.

"Okay Mom."

"I don't need to remind you to wash your school uniforms right? Wake up early for school or the result will be on you." She scolded us, looking at us through her eye lids.

"Yes ma." We all replied. I zipped up her bag, pulled it down her bed as we all piled out of her room.

"And Ruth, you have exams, three exams for that matter. If you like, read. If you like, don't read, I'll reward you when I get back." She looked at me with an evil glint in her eyes.

I rolled my eyes.

African mothers will never change.

"Mummy nah." I groaned, turning my head to secretly roll my eyes. "When have I ever not listened to you?" I added.

The look my mum gave made my shut my mouth.

You'll be trying to joke with parents and before you know it, they are already going ballistic.

"Don't mommy me o, I don't want to hear stories when I get back. Respect Mrs. Henshaw and treat her like you do to me or we'll have serious problems when we get back."

I rolled my eyes again, the same old stuff. It's up to Mrs. Henshaw to behave well herself or we'll have serious problems between us too, not caring about my mum's instructions.

I've heard stories about people who are meant to take care of people's children, yet they have no problem maltreating them.

"Those are nannies Ruth, Mrs. Henshaw isn't a nanny." My mind screamed at me.

"Do I look like I give a fuck?" I replied.

"Yes ma." We all replied. "We'll miss you mom."

"Don't look so sad sweeties, we'll be back before you know it." Mum said as if we'd miss her.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mum but it's just something about freedom that messes with one's brain, even it's for a while. She could stay there longer than expected, or never even come back, that's their business, not mine.

"Yes ma."

"Zion, wipe that frown off your face and take my bags to the car, your dad's already waiting in there for me." My mum snapped at Zion who was just standing like a log of wood at the back.