08| Chapter eight

It's already Monday again, my favorite day in the week, which also falls to be the day of my mathematics test.

Note the sarcasm.

Since the whole Zeke wahala on Saturday morning, I haven't heard from him. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm expecting anything from him, but at least he owes me an explanation for the reason he behaved that way.

My mum isn't taking it lightly either. She called the principal of my school to tell him to 'discipline' me whenever he sees a boy at a close radius distance from me.

I wasn't bothered though.

But the principal's answer had me shaking with laughter. He told my mum to stop being one of those parents who would do anything for their children to stay away from boys. He advised her not to let it get to the point where she would need a bodyguard for me—a female bodyguard of course—whenever I'm going to the toilet.

After he said that, he cut the call.

I laughed to the extent that even mum couldn't hold me back. It was nice seeing someone call her out on her wrongdoings.

She promised to withdraw me from my school, saying the principal was wayward and the school doesn't allow the safety of its students. I knew she was only bluffing, my dad would definitely not allow that.

But that's by the way. For now, I have less than twenty minutes to pack my books and face reality again. Reality in real sense meaning mathematics test.

"Bags outside," Mrs. Badmus called with her tiny voice. "It's time for your test, settle down."

I wonder why they'd allow a teacher to invigilate the subject she's teaching, but that's by the way. All the way, it works in my favor.

I could already see some of my classmates grinning in happiness. I knew why, Mrs. Badmus teaches maths but heaven know she's so soft and can hardly hurt a fly.

Well, soft Mrs. Badmus means soft mathematics test.

"Ruth!" Another one of my classmates called behind me. I groaned in anger, who put this one behind me now? "This test will be easy o. You know who Mrs. Badmus is, she's so gullible."

I glared at him. Trust a male to speak less sense, it's just like their hobby, their hobby to speak nonsense.

"Shut up Jare, bicycle mouth. Look at how you're speaking to someone old enough to be your mother, don't you have sense?"

"Shebi I was just playing with you, why are you now insulting me na?"

"Just keep quiet and face your front." I snapped at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Na wa o."

♦♦♦♦♦

Mathematics test is officially over. It wasn't even that difficult sef, just some common arithmetic problems and whatnot. But some people still found it difficult, most of them were copying right off from their partner's work, yet Mrs. Badmus said nothing.

I don't know whether the glasses she uses is just for fashion, or maybe something in it is blocking her from seeing, but she needs to be more strict or something. Anyway, cheaters will always be cheaters.

"Thank God it's only maths we have today, if not I'll just die in the exam Hall." Caroline complained as we walked out of the exam Hall together, with Onome by my side.

"Abeg, stop pretending Jor, you that I saw writing very fast on your answer sheet as if rapture would come tomorrow."