19| Chapter nineteen

Ghosty readers, Vote. Comment. Share. It doesn't hurt guys! :^)

-

"Long time no see! Girl, you're looking so fine. How come I don't see you in church anymore?" Grace, one of my overenthusiastic Sunday school members beamed as she literally threw herself on me.

Wetin be this one nah?

Ordinary small outing that someone decided to pity me and help my situation by taking me out, this one is now here causing disruptions.

I plastered a fake smile on my face as I used the side of my body to hug her back.

I scrunched my nose up as I caught a wif of her peefume. Damn, too much intoxicating cologne.

"Grace!" I rolled my eyes internally as I forced my voice to sound as excited as possible. Trust me it's hard to pretend, especially when you dislike the person. "It's been so long, what're you doing here?"

"I know right? Anyway, I came to pick up a few things for my mum." She flashed a big smile at me.

Her eyes shifted to my side as she quirked a brow.

"By the way, this is Zeke." I murmured as I placed my hands on Zeke's shoulder. "Zeke, meet Grace, a friend of mine."

My eyes widened in disbelief as I saw the look Grace was giving Zeke.

She bit her lip, her smile as big as a saucer. She stretched her right hand towards him, enveloping him in an handshake.

"It's nice to meet you. My name's Grace but you can call me CeCe."

My anger increased as I saw her hold on to his hand a minute too long.

Zeke awkwardly laughed as he managed to release his hand from hers, instead wrapping it around my waist.

I saw her roll her eyes at him.

Such disrespect! She saw him standing next to me and she still had the audacity to flirt. Honestly, it's taking everything in me not to claw her eyelash covered eyes with my fingers.

"Abegi, he don do. We should get going grace, I'll see you around sometime... Or not." I bit out angrily, already walking away from her with Zeke by my side, holding onto my hand.

I heard her squeaky voice call my name again as she rushed to catch up with me. I rolled my eyes hard as I stopped walking to look behind me.

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you. I'm throwing a birthday party next Friday to celebrate my 18th birthday, I was wondering if you'd like to come so we could talk and catch up? You get to bring a plus one too."

Her eyes shifted to Zeke when she said the last line. Fortunately, I see what she's trying to do and trust me, I'm not going to allow it. She looked back up at me. "Are you even up to Eighteen?"

I better put her in her place.

"I'm sorry, I'm busy, I don't have that time. And for your information, I'm past Eighteen."

"Whatever you say," She murmured as she dug into her bag. "But if you do change your mind, here's an invitation card."

Instead of giving me the invitation card, she passed it to Zeke with a large smile. I snatched the card out of his hands, hissing loudly as I passed it back to her. "Unfortunately, my mind is already made up so I don't think it'll change. But it was cool meeting you, we have to go now."