09| Chapter nine

ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ᴘᴀʟꜱ, ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏ 'ᴀʟʟ ᴀʀᴇ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʟʟ. ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏꜱ ꜱᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ꜰᴏʀ ʜᴀʟꜰ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜꜱᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴅꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴠᴏᴛᴇꜱ, ɪᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴜꜱ.

ʟᴇᴛꜱ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏᴛᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛᴡᴏ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ, ʏᴇᴀʜ?

ꜰᴀꜱᴛ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ, ᴠᴏᴛᴇ. ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ. ꜱʜᴀʀᴇ.

━━━━━━━━━

EZEKIEL'S POV.

"Guy, you're crazy o. I thought you were going to change for her now." Facus exclaimed in surprise as he and the other boys burst out in laughter.

Composing himself first after their laughing fit, Tolu replied Facus.

"Ezekiel, change? It'd take the grace of God for that to happen."

"There is nothing impossible for God to do." Samson, the Messenger of God quickly butted in.

Currently, we were at the field warming up for the after school training we do every day. I just finished narrating what went down at Ruth's house on Saturday.

Shaking my head slightly, amused at the very thought of me being in love with that—that girl.

I shuddered in disgust. Generally, girls disgust me, honestly.

"You surprise me, I'm telling you. How would you think that I, Oladeji Ezekiel would be in love? Dream wey no fit come to pass."

"Tell us something we don't know already Ezekiel. Why approach her if you don't have her best interest at heart?" Samson asked, looking at me with disappointment etched over his face.

My matter go don tire the boy sef.

Chuckling softly with a smirk growing on my face, I rubbed the small stubble starting to grow on my chin.

"By now you are supposed to know that Love and Ezekiel can't even be in the same sentence jare."  Tolu shrugged, then licked his lips and added. "Honestly, I just want you to help me talk to Ruth, make she dash me that her friend Onome. "

"Go and meet her yourself now. Don't you have legs to approach her? Chicken." We all burst out laughing again which only infuriated Tolu more.

To spite him, I added. " We all know that eventually na Samson she go marry."

It was just like I added fuel to the fire that was burning low key in his body. Immediately I made that statement, he stood up from the grass where we were all sitting and stormed off with fumes oozing out of every holes in his body.

Facus was laughing so hard that he was rolling on the grass with tears rolling down his face. I don't know what exactly is making him laugh that hard but knowing Facus, it was Tolu's reaction.

Such iconic friends that I have, but I love them to bits.

Shaking his head, Samson stood up and followed him, casting me a disappointed glance as he walked away. It's okay, it's not like I was expecting him to do otherwise.

Birds of the same feathers flock together.

Immediately I was assured they were both out of ear shot, I turned serious.

"That her younger sister is the worse. I am very sure she wets her pant every time we meet." I said with disgust.

"Ah, you mean Ruth's sister, Zoe? Yeah, she's extra, her mouth too doesn't even have filter, all she knows is to blabber about."