33| Chapter thirty three

Micheal's POV (Point of View)

Seeing Ruth and Ezekiel hurt.

And only I know why it does. It shouldn't, because I literally have no business with anything she does or any decision she takes, but I can't help but to feel hurt. But in a way, in the more animalistic twisted kind of way, I feel happy being hurt.

I'm a guy who has a crush on his childhood best friend and has been holding off his feelings for over a decade now, I do not blame my heart for getting tired and weary. I have known Ruth for particularly all my life, and I do known very well that's she's not one to unnecessarily ignore or hurt people's feelings intentionally, but it still hurts so bad.

I thought I had a chance with her, but I guess I was wrong. Imagine my disappointment when I saw her with Zeke— someone who had cheated on her that I had to pick those broken pieces together with her.

Either Ruth is just naturally stupid or just desperate for attention.

"Are you even listening to me at all?" The girl beside me whom I had already forgotten her name within the last span of a few hours shrieked beside me, squeezing her lips together to form a pout.

Her mouth reminds me of the buttocks of a goat, no offense to the beautiful goats out there.

I rolled my eyes, barely glancing at her. "What is it?"

"I was asking you a really important question, but you didn't even answer me. Is my voice really that boring to you?"

Truth be told, she had a somewhat nice voice, safe for some certain squeaks here and there. She was really beautiful too . . . Caramel skin, nice set of teeth, a good shape for a secondary schooler and legs that could murder. But I couldn't seem to focus on her because she wasn't Ruth, the extremely light, stubborn head girl I had grown fund of.

But she'd have to do.

I resisted the urge to scream at her to leave me alone and permit me to have my peace. Instead, I said, "I'm sorry, my mind was just far away, what were you saying again?"

I saw her face visibly brighten at my apology. Insincere as it was, but she didn't have to know. As I said, Ruth seems to be unavailable, she'd have to do for now. "Oh my, how could I stay angry at an handsome hulk like you?"

I rolled my eyes again. Sis, just say what you have to say and get the hell out of my face.

"Anyway," She shrieked excitedly, drawing the word longer than usual. "Since you like me, and I do you, why don't we go out on a date?"

I shook my head, the things I have to endure for Ruth.

If Ruth had liked me back like I thought she would, I wouldn't be in my position right now. Yet, here I am, pretending to like other girls just to forget her. It's too late to keep faults though, what's bygone is bygone, it'd be more healthy if I just moved on with my life.

"I don't think that's a good idea, just go and find who'd be more than willing to take you, I'm not that person sadly." I settled my voice to a low tone so that I wouldn't sound so harsh.

"But it's you I want. Besides, I never take no for an answer. Here's my number," Before I could blink, she was already saving her number into my phone. "I already have yours. Saturday evening, 6pm, I'll come and pick you up."

Stalker ish much?

I looked down at her name on my phone, Christy.

It's ironic, isn't it? Naming your child to follow the part of Christ, and they turn out to be quite the opposite. If only parents could see the future of their children before their naming ceremony, then many children would have just the name that befits them.