31| Chapter thirty one

I noticed that we've progressed with more than 500 reads, yet the votes are not even up to 50.  We're trying our best to come up with updates, despite our hard schedules and it's so frustrating when you can't do as much as to press a small star.

Vote or we'll be having
serious problems!!!

*Cue the angry face*

-

I had just placed my school bag down on my seat when, suddenly, a very loud shriek startled me. Mum had dropped Zion, Zoe and I at the school gate as usual, after series of warnings and brutal scoldings, particularly at me.

It's been two weeks since the party incident  and she still hasn't loosened up on me.

Do I blame her? Of course not. If I were to put myself in her shoes, I would have done worse.

Atleast, my therapy session seems to be going fine, except on certain occusions where that old eighties woman never seem to keep her mouth shut. Although, I have learnt to accept the fact that things would take a long time to go back to normal . . . to gain my parent's trust back, it still sucks to know how far I've gone only for situations to suddenly go downhill.

Deep in my thoughts, I didn't realize when Onome placed a cold hand on my shoulder. I released a slight scream and jerked my shoulder away from her. "Jesus Onome, you scared me, what do you want?"

From her expression, I could tell that she had something exciting to spill. Her eyebrows were pinched in impatience and her whole face mirrored that of eagerness.

I scrunched my eyebrows together and looked at her shaking body from head to toe.

Must be the usual gossip.

She clapped her hands in the usual gossip style, stomping her feet on the floor like someone who was possessed. "You won't believe what I just saw."

I hissed and turned away from her, digging into my bag for my chemistry note. WAEC starts in less than a week, yet this one is trying to distract me and make me fail my exams.

An exam which I have put my last sense of hope in, imagining failing it and having to face my parent's endless wrath.

"Just leave me alone, I'm not in the mood." I rolled my eyes, placing my head on the table before pulling my book on my lap, just so close that I could see clearly and assimilate quite comfortably.

But Onome was persistent. "Come on, stop behaving like that. I promise that you'll like what you're about to see . . . Look, not one soul is even in this class with us, they've all gone out to watch the drama unfold."

I hesitated but raised my head up nonetheless. True to her word, we were the only one in the classroom and the class was unusually quiet. But if you tried to listen well, you could hear the distant noise and rowdiness coming from somewhere in the school.

I could almost feel deep in my bones that something was about to happen.

"What drama are you talking about? Are students fighting again?" I asked her.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were. Even though my school seems to uphold a strong sense of class and wealthiness, we also have our own share of violence just as much.