21| Chapter twenty one

We just got to the middle of the book sweethearts, please fasten your seatbelt for the bumpy ride. And please comment, we love reading your comments. Plus it makes updates faster! X.

-

"How did the date go?" Zoe asked immediately I walked into the house. I watched as she focused on the TV, a big bowl of popcorn on her lap, Zion not in sight.

I drop my shopping bags on the couch and she looked at me in awe, probably because of the name of the brands.

I ran my hands over my face, feeling utterly tired. "It was good, we went shopping, then had a fun time at the beach. Oh, he also asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. By the way, where's Zion?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. She chuckled and began searching through the bags, then frowning when she saw the receipt but only five outfits. "Zion should be inside somewhe— Wait, did you just say he asked you to be his girlfriend and you said yes?"

She squeaked, jumping up and down on the couch as she hit me with the pillows.

I smirked at her, "Was I supposed to say no?"

"No, I mean, you were supposed to say yes but I still can't believe it." She looked at me with awe in her eyes. What's so hard for her to believe, the fact that Zeke asked me to be his girlfriend or the part where I said yes? "I can't believe you have a boyfriend!"

"Well, you better believe it." I glared at her, packing my shopping bags and preparing to climb up the stairs.

Firstly, I need to remove this blood sucking outfit, wipe this itchy makeup off, have one of the best toe curling showers in my entire life, then sleep like I would never wake up. It wouldn't hurt laying like a log of wood, or maybe skipping church service to rest and prepare for school on Monday.

"Are you even listening to me?" Zoe shrieked. "I was talking to you and you were staring into space, nawa for you o."

I snapped my gaze at her, leaning on the barricade of the staircase. "What did you say?"

She hissed at me before clearing her throat rather dramatically. "Mrs. Henshaw dropped by, she wanted to check in on us. She asked of you but I told her you went out to get some stuff. She wanted to wait for you, but eventually she got tired and left."

I rolled my eyes, already halfway past the stairs. Mrs. Henshaw can wait, my sleep cannot. "Since that's it, goodnight Zoe."

"Wait, there's leftover rice in the kitchen for you if you're hungry. Mrs. Henshaw dropped some cooked items before she left, I forgot to mention that to you."

"Warm it and bring it to my room for me." I blew her a kiss at the top of the stairs. Or more like I touched my mouth and then waved. "Bring some pineapple juice too."

"I'm not your slave!" Zoe shrieked, throwing a mean glare at me from below the stairs.

"I know you love me, don't complain." I shouted from my room, immediately starting to regret it as an headache started to form.

I closed the door behind me, starting to peel my clothes off me.

"Unfortunately!"

-

It's Monday again.

There's two types of Mondays in this world. One kicks you out of fantasy, turns your brain cells upside down, and then brings you back into reality. The other makes you want to turn your genitals into a medium sized sausage roll.