Ch. 20: Darknight Hero's Identity Crisis

Y/N POV

"Mhm, good choice you three." Jean complimented our choice of foods while munching. "My cuties taste is something i can fully trust, although; i won't be a vegetarian for now" Lisa takes a bite of her Golden Chicken Burger.

Y/N: I didn't know you're a vegetarian, Lisa.
Lisa: I was planning to tell you when we were out collecting unreturned books, but since i want to know your preferences well; i decided to tell you later, which is now.

After the meal, all of us cleaned the table and returned our plates. While doing so someone yelled at the doorstep "Hello everyone!" We turned our heads to see Barbara with a stack of books on her hands. "Sorry to bother you at this moment, but me and my fellow nuns have unreturned books that the due date was about 3 days ago. We only realized it now so here it is, and we apologize for being late." Barbara carried the books near the counter.

"I was wondering when will the nuns return their overdue books, you can stack them in any order and I'll arrange them later" Lisa chuckled as barbara stacked the books on the counter. "Since I'm here, how about i explore the HQ a bit? I heard about the kitchen and dining room are still in construction after some events.." Barbara put her finger under her chin.

"All of knights aren't going to sleep early or maybe have any sleep at all. After the Stormterror threat, we have new ordeals to take care of" Jean put her hands on her hips. "That's right, most of the knights have reported that the abyss order has been lurking outside the city walls" Kaeya lightly tapped on the table. "And treasure hoarders are resuming their thievery here in Mondstadt, i always need to keep my eyes open while patrolling the outskirts of the cityー"

Amber was about to finish her sentence until a knight barged in. "Pardon my interruption, but a bunch of Treasure Hoarders managed to get inside the Cathedral! The other nuns didn't managed to handle the situation! Deaconess Barbara, they called for your help─ Oh thank goodness! Outrider Amber, you're here too." The knight tries to catch his breath. "Quick! Lets go!" Barbara followed the knight's lead as amber did it too.

"See what i mean?" Jean huffed going to her office as kaeya stepped outside the door. "Can we help you wash the dishes?" I asked Lisa. "Don't worry cutie, i can handle it even if i have a few books to arrange. Oh i just remembered..." Lisa halted and gave us a food that looks like Mint Jelly.

Paimon: Mint Jelly?
Lisa: *chuckle* No it's not, before it used to be the snack you mentioned but i added my potion that can help you keep awake at night. It only lasts until Dawn strikes.
Y/N: So it's similar to caffeine, huh....
Aether: Did the others have these too?
Lisa: Yes, you three were late to dinner so they had some first. I know that you have business to attend to, so go on.

Paimon: Should we go visit Huffman?
Y/N: is that the knight who asked aether if he was the Darknight hero? It's already 6:30 PM.
Aether: Correct! And he mentions that he has something to give us, he's outside the HQ near the Lobby leading to the main door; waiting for us.

●●●●

Huffman: You came! I thought you three wouldn't...
Aether: So what's the thing you want us to see?

Huffman then gave aether a letter, From the Abyss Order? Since we know his real identity he wants us to give this letter to the Darknight Hero. Some parts of the letter seem to be gibberish. He left when we told him that we'll keep the matter at hand, after all the content of the letter is about him leaving Mondstadt.

Paimon: So we're going to Dawn Winery...
Y/N: Let's use our Windgliders to get there fast and safe.
Aether: I swear Master Diluc is really having an indentity crisis...