Ch. 49

Chapter 49: The Bough Keeper, Dainsleif

Please note that the act 2 of albedo's story quest will continue after we meet Dainsleif.
Another Note: This Chapter switches alot of POV so i recommend to not skip any paragraphs.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Your POV

Albedo started talking about a dragon named Durin, who was defeated by Dvalin and Barbatos aka Venti; and fell to this mountain here. No wonder it's called Dragonspine, the name makes so much sense now.... Whas the fall made on purpose..?

"The name makes sense, dragonspine..." Aether looked on the ground. Albedo said that he doesn't have any evidence if it was on purpose but the sword in my hands have the remains of Durin "Ordinary mortals cannot withstand such power. The blacksmith must've fled, driven mad by the curse, before meeting their end in an unknown place".

Okay now that sounds like a good plot for an anime, but still it's kinda sad. Paimon, being the emergency food; she yelped away from the sword. "Y/N purified Dvalin's tears before, which is a rare ability. Your ability protected you from being corrupted by its power, and such you'll be able to completely eliminate it's effects. Only you can properly wield this sword."

Interesting...The sword is now glowing. He said that overtime it can absorb power and grow stronger, like an actual living thing. "Well then, Y/N. Adventure to your heart's content and use this sword anytime you want. I need your help to make it grow, and soon we'll have the answer we need" Albedo lended me the sword, i accepted and make it disappear for future purposes.

"If you have anything more to report, remember that you can meet me on my campsite. Goodbye for now" We waved our hands as the three of us walk back to the city. "Hehe, i've got a new weapon now" i throw my arms behind my neck. "I wish i could find my old weapon.."

"Old weapon?" I looked at aether who has a sad look on his face. "The weapon i'm currently using now isn't my real sword, before i got separated from my sister. We used to have matching swords that our hair colors matches it, a symbol of us as twins but...." He frowned, i gave him a headpat to comfort him. "Don't worry, in the end of our journey. I'm sure we'll get back our old things, just like our siblings"

"And Paimon is helping too!" Paimon crossed her arms. "Thanks you guys...So what should we have for lunch?" The two of have a chat while walking through the snowy path, back to the city.

・・・

"Have you heard? The three merchants' bodies were found at dihua marsh this morning!"
"Eek! Could it be that....the Honorary Knights did it?"

"I doubt they'd do that─ look it's them!"

All of their eyes were directed to us now, a knight then came running to our direction "Honorary Knights! Have you heard of the recent news?". "Is this about those merchants trying to ovethrow us again?" Paimon rolled her eyes.

"Nope its not, this morning. The dead bodies of the merchants who tried to ovethrow you three were found in dihua marsh. No evidences were found on who murdered them, the citizens suspected that it was you three who did it" Hold up...i mean they deserve it but how...?

"We just came back from Dragonspine to help with Albedo's research, they might've tried to ovethrow us from our status but we don't kill someone out of anguish." I crossed my arms and everyone started talking again.