Ch. 62

Chapter 62: Another Day for Pigeon Slaughter

Third POV

Zhongli was in Guili Plains, taking a peaceful walk. Remembering the times before the Archon War started...but he didn't expect to hear a familiar voice.

"...guizhong?..."

"Yes it's me, Morax. How are you?"

He couldn't believe this, after thousands of years he finally get to hear his best friend's voice. "No need to be shocked and all of that, i just want to ask how you're doing?" Guizhong asked.

"I'm doing well." Wrong, Zhongli was lying. Guizhong can sense that he's inlove with someone, someone that she mostly see whenever she passes by at Guili Plains. "Morax, be honest...I know you have a hiding something..."

Zhongli sighed, he know he can't keep hide it from his best friend. "I know it....that girl..." Guizhong spoke. "Yes... it's Y/N and..."

"Advice on earning her heart? I can't see that" Guizhong chuckled. "You caught me. I'm inexperienced with human emotions and zero knowledge about this sensation..."

"Morax, i'm Guizhong. Your best friend, remember our promise before i fell in the archon war? Live for the people of Liyue and once you fall inlove with someone, whether it will be an adepti or a mortal. Protect them at all costs, earning their love wouldn't be easy. But i suggest you should care and comfort them during hard times" Guizhong understands humans, what it's like to live a short life and being fragile.

"I... I'll keep that mind. I'm just trying to experience this new feeling. She's a mortal from another world, and i keep second guessing myself... If her journey ends here on Teyvat..." She felt a bitter sensation when Zhongli mentioned you're an outlander, all she wanted is the best for her best friend. While they used to rule over Guili Plains, she taught him about human emotions but he never learns because he doesn't experiences it.

"They'll visit teyvat, if it's the best they can stay here. But my point is that, please..take good care of her. After all these years, your wish of falling inlove is now granted. An advice is to show them that it's genuine love, a simple care would do." Guizhong's voice became somber, Zhongli then cleared his throat. "I see, thank you Guizhong. I should be heading back to Wangsheng now, Master Hu is waiting for me. Take care old friend."

Guizhong watched Zhongli leave, a smile plastered on her face and mumbled "Thank you Y/N...For letting rex lapis experience the feeling of love. Someday....i want to watch you walk on the pathway, bells ringing. The two of you have a  contract that binds you to him for an entering. The nicknames of wife and husband. Just one day....Make that come true for me, will you?"