Ch-10-Hangout-?

. . .

I skipped most of the way home on a Thursday. I can't wait to tell them what Jamie told me.

. . .

"I'm home." I said opening the door. I didn't hear a reply when I got home so I went to the office and knocked on the door. Phil opened the office door. "Welcome home." He said. "How'd it go?" He asked stepping out of the office and losing the door again.

"Great! Jamie was totally cool about it and liked it too. She even told me a secret." I said happy and excited. "She said she thinks she might be lesbian, then called me a fellow LGBT member." I whispered even tho there was no one around. "That's great!" Phil said embracing me into a hug lifting me off the ground a bit then placed me back down.

I laughed. "Yeah but I have to help think of ideas of where we should go tomorrow. Ugh, and I have so much work to catch up on that I missed yesterday." I groaned. "Well if you need any ideas you can ask." Phil said sounding confident. "Yeah but your not a teenager." I put my hands on my waist. Phil looked at me shocked.

Before Phil could talk again I spoke. "Well, I have a lot of work so ill see you later." I ran up the stairs. "Good point, but you can still ask." Phil yelled after me.

. . .

Walking to our tree the next day I saw Jamie and Hanna already there. "Oh hey, Alex-a." Jamie added on the "a" a bit late. I smiled at her. At least she remembered my actual name. "Hey." Hanna said. "Hey, guys." I said. "Wheres Richard isn't he always here first?" I asked a bit confused. I didn't get a text in the group chat...

"Oh, apparently he's out sick today." Jamie said. "Oh, he told you?" "No, apparently he told Hanna, those two must be close." "No, we're not." Hanna said shoving Jamie away from her.

"Oh really? Guess all guys are just naturally close to you then?" "It's not like that, I don't even like him." "You might want to consider it, I think he liked youuuu." Jamie wiggled her eyebrows. "Yeah, I've noticed too. He likes to sit next to you at lunch, and always hangs around you." I pointed out.

"Yeah, but so does Jammie!" "For one, we're besties, two, I don't act like a dog, and I definitely don't get flustered when I'm too close to you." Jamie gave Hanna a side hug rubbing their cheeks together. "Yeah, you guys are great friends." I smiled at their friendship.

"Oh come here." Jamie pulled me into their hug. "You're a great friend too, I've just known Hanna here a bit longer." "Yeah, you're like my second girlfriend, right after Jamie of course." Hanna said in a nice way, but I hid my cringe. I was noticing what people referred to me more now, and it wasn't usually a good thing.

Jamie chuckled nervously. "Well, your my second best friend after all." She patted my back. "Probably not Hanna's cause she really likes Richard." "I thought we were done with that." Hanna groaned.

. . .

"You guys want to go get some frozen yogurt?" Hanna asked when we were leaving school. He and Jamie looked at each other then back at Hanna. "Well, we were actually going to watch a horror movie today, and since you don't like them, only if Richard is there." Jamie couched.

"I didn't think to invite you." Hanna gave Jamie a look for the comment about Richard, then smiled. "Ah that's cool, you know me so well. Then how about we go this weekend?" "And invite Richard?" I asked winking at Hanna, Jamie just laughed.

"M-maybe I'll go without you two then." Hanna said. "Wouldnt that be a date with Richard then?" Jamie joked, me and her chucked. "Ugh, I'll text you guys later." Hanna said then started to head home. "Bye!" Jamie and I started walking the other way.

I turned to Jamie. "So we're watching a horror movie too?" I asked. I didn't really like horror movies, just a few. "Nah, I just said that to get her off our backs, we need some us time." Jamie slung a hand over my shoulder. "And you lied to her that easily?" "Eh, I've known her long enough on how to do things. But don't worry I won't lie to you." She smiled.

"I hope that wasn't a lie." I joked. "Oh come on have some faith." Jamie took her hand off me and pouted. I pinched her cheek. "Cheer up, it was a joke." "She swatted my hand away and smiled at me. "I know and so was that."

"C'mon let's drop out bags of at my place first, it's closer to my house anyway." Jamie started walking faster. "Ok, ok, I'm not as athletic as you are tho." I picked up my pace, when I caught up she slowed down again.

. . .

When we got to Jamie's house she took my hand and hers, ran in, then back out in a few seconds with a purse. "Now let's go."

"Here we are!" Jamie stood proudly. "This is what you wanted to show me so bad?" I was confused. "What? You said you just moved here, and this place is perfect for what I want to do with you." "Jamie, I don't know if you knew, but I'm not much of a shopper." "Oh come on, this mall is great, and you have me to help!" Jamie dragged me by the wrist inside.

"And besides when I got home my mom also gave me some cash for me and a friend." Jamie let go of me to hold up her purse. "Well... my." I was a little hesitant to say it. "Parents, gave me some money for today since they didn't know what we were doing..."

"Yep! And my dad gave me extra so I can help pay." "I don't know..." "It's my idea, my treat." "Fine... but I'm paging net time." "Deal." Jamie said then pulled me along again.

.   .   .

"Jamie we've been in this store for so long, I'm glad you're enjoying it, but I'm getting bored waiting for you to pick out a new outfit." I say sitting when Jamie comes out with the same outfit she had on two outfits ago. "Well why don't you try something on?" "Do you really think I'll want to wear-" I pick up a random dress next to me. "This?" "Hmm." Jamie thinks for a moment.

I follow Jamie as she wanders around the stoor, from one section to the next. "This one would seem cute on you." She picks up a pastel yellow sweater with a cute drawing of a lion hidden in some grass under it. "That is kind of cute." I admit. "But..." I look up at the sign.

"Oh and this shirt would be great with it, even if you can't see it." Jamie ignores me holding up a short sleeve shirt that's white and has the same cute lion hiding in a field of grass.

"Jamie..." "Hm?" She turns to me with a pair of pants in her hands. "Do you know what section this is?" "I'm not sure, why?"

I pull my jacket from home closed covering my mouth looking away embarrassed. "It's the boy's section." I mumble.

.   .   .