Ch-37-Mr-?

. . .

Things seemed ok after the movie incident. Richard and Jamie seemed to calm down. I did keep texting Jamie every day. Me and Karter did call Jamie one night to check up on her. She said she needed some more time from Richard, but she might be open to meeting up with him next week. When we asked Richard he said he wouldn't mind. And that he still felt bad about what he said and wanted to apologize, but in person.

. . .

It was now the weekend. I was curious about what Kristan said she and Phil wanted to talk to me about. They haven't said anything about it at all over the week. But I remember when I woke up Saturday.

Kristen was talking to Phil while they both ate pancakes for breakfast. It seemed like a good Saturday until I noticed they were already dressed. After we had breakfast I was going to ask Kristan what we were doing this weekend, but before I could ask, she asked me to get dressed then we would all talk.

I nervously got dressed worried about what they might want to talk about with me. When u walked downstairs I saw Kristan and Phil sitting on the couch waiting for me. I went over and sat in the chair next to them.

"So? You wanted to talk?" I asked. "Is it about what you guys wanted to do this weekend?" Maybe it's nothing big after all. "We have a guest coming over today." Phil said looking at me with a serious face. Oh, maybe it is something.

"Who?" I asked. On cue, the doorbell rang. Who would be here this early at ten? Kristan got up and went to open the door. "Oh, we weren't expecting you for another hour." I heard her say. "Yes, well, I thought I would come early." A voice I think I recognized somewhere spoke. I looked at Phil confused who nervously smiled at me.

"Oh yes, please come sit." Kristen said leading the man into the room. Isn't that- "Long time no see Alexa." The man smiled at me. I cringed, having not been called that name in so long. Phil glared at the man who looked very nervous. "Sorry, we were just about to tell Alex what's going to happen today." Kristen said my name sternly smiling at the man.

What's going to happen today? The man stared at Kristan, probably for using a different name then smiled and nodded. "My bad, Alex." He corrected himself. I stared at him in shock. The man sat in a chair on the other side of the couch across from me and next to Phil and Kristan who sat back down.

"Remember me, Alex?" The mam asked me. I nodded my head. "Y-yeah." I said with a dry through. Maybe it was because of all that orange juice I drank. "H-hi, Mr. John." I said with my dry voice, shocked to see him again.

Why is he here? Has it already been a month? It couldn't have been... right? Wait, I think it was longer than a month. Oh no, so much has happened I lost track of time. He said he would come after a month, what took so long? I'm not complaining. I liked my time here. It's just, he promised. Does that mean I'm leaving already? But Jamie and Richard we're just about to make up. Does his mean I have to go back to my old school? Oh God, they'll think I left that school because of another rich family. The school I'm in now isn't that rich, (I'm thankful for that) they don't even have uniforms. No, it doesn't matter what happened there. What matters is that I left, and they will think I went to another fancy rich school. They're going to hate me again. No. They are going to hate me even more. Why do I care what they think? They're not even my friends. Maybe because I still care what they think? But why? They are just bullies now. There's no way we can go back. I don't want to leave my school. People just call me names. The bullying isn't even as bad as it used to be. And I have friends at this school. Friends who accept me. Even tho Jamie left the school, I still met her there. I was supposed to help Jamie and Richard be friends again. I can't let Karter do that by themself. Sure I could call or text them. But then what am I supposed to say? That I moved to go live with grandparents or something? But I like Kristan and Phil. They were nice. They were the first people to accept me. Even tho they did lie to me. I forgive them. And I even said a lot of stuff I regret. Did I even apologize for everything I said? Oh no, is that why he's here? I didn't apologize? They probably thought I was a brat. Did they have had enough of me? Are they tired of me? Give me another month. I promise I can do better. Just one more month. Then I will be better. If I'm not you can kick me out after a month. Please, I don't want to go yet... Give me more time... I promise I'll do better. Just... don't make me leave yet...

A̴̺̪̖̙̩͚̹̞̩͂͊͑̚̕ḻ̵͆̀͒ẹ̸̛̝̼̘̓̃̎͋͆͌͗ẋ̴̠̹.̷͍̲̦͂̄͐͒̋͒̽̕
.̷͍̲̦͂̄͐͒̋͒̽̕
Huh? Am I hearing things?
.̷͍̲̦͂̄͐͒̋͒̽̕
₳ⱠɆӾ.̷͍̲̦͂̄͐͒̋͒̽̕
.̷͍̲̦͂̄͐͒̋͒̽̕ ..̷̷͍̲̦͍̲̦͂̄͐͒̋͒̽͂̄͐͒̋͒̽̕̕
Wh-who said that?
.̷͍̲̦͂̄͐͒̋͒̽̕ .̷͍̲̦͂̄͐͒̋͒̽̕
.̷͍̲̦͂̄͐͒̋͒̽̕A̶l̶e̶x̶.̷͍̲̦͂̄͐͒̋͒̽̕

Yes?

Alex!

I gasped for air. Just that one simple breath, felt like a lot of air. Almost like I haven't breathed normally in a long time. Like when you wear a mask for a whole day, and when you finally take it off, it's like your suddenly breathing more clearly. But also breathing more air than you were used to for that day.

"Alex?" I heard two worried voices say. I opened my eyes, not realizing they were closed. The first thing I saw was that I was looking down at my own hands, and my hands were shaking. I put my hand together to try and stop the shaking. It kind of worked, but then I noticed how cold my hands were.

"Alex? Are you ok?" I hear the kind voices again. I look up to where I heard the voices. There were two people in front of me. Why were they so blurry? I went to rub my eyes noticing how wet they were. Oh.

"It's ok." I heard one of the voices say. I turned towards the voice in the right first. I stopped rubbing my eyes and blinked for a bit. Slowly the world became less blurry. "M-mom?" I choked out. Gosh, why is my through so dry? It's all itchy and scratchy. I scratched my neck a little knowing it wouldn't do anything to help. "Yes." Kristen said softly smiling at me.

"How are you?" Said the other voice. I turned to my left to see Phil next to me. "D-" I gas to stop to cough. "Take it easy." Phil said putting a hand in my shoulder leaning me back in the chair. "D-dad?" I croaked out. Phil chuckled. "Yes, I'm here." He looked at Kristan then back at me. "Were both here, mom and dad." They smiled at me. Yeah, it was kind of cringe. I was just glad they thought of themselves as my patents, like how I see them.

Parents... I remember looking back up and over at Mr. John who was watching us worldly. "A-am I going b-back?" I choked out trying not to cry.

All three adults looked at me surprised. "No, sweetie, why would you think we're sending you back?" Kristen asked me holding my ice-cold hands. "We would never do that unless you wanted to go, which I know you don't." Phil said rubbing my back as I tried to hold back more teats from what they just told me.

Mr. John smiled at me. "That's actually what I came here to ask you about." He walked over and squared in front of my chair. "I knew these people were good people." He said gesturing to Phil and Kristan which I nodded my head to. "So, I may have given you some extra time with them." He smiled scratching his head while he said that.

"I'm not really supposed to do this... But considering all you've been through." He sighed sadly knowing what I went through. "I thought, maybe this time you could choose if you wanted a family like these people?" He looked me in the eyes. "They are good people. I know they might have lied to you once." How did he? "But that was a mistake they made. And it won't ever happen again, right?" "Right." Phil and Kristan nodded.

"So what do you say, kid?" His smile never slipping. "Want to make things legal?"

. . .