Ch-71-Dinner-?

. . .

A plate once full of cookies sat empty in front of us. Karter picked up the plate and used their fingers to get the rest of the crime off and eat them.

. . .

"Can we take a break from math now?" I groan rolling on my back. Karter looked down at me then placed the clean plate on me desk. "Sure, but we still have to finish later." They said.

"How about English then?" I suggested. "Cause that's something I don't suck at." I said. I wasn't as bad at English as I was with math, math was its own case. I would say I'm ok with English, I think. "I'm not that good at English." Karter said. "That's perfect!" I said. Karter just looked at me with a deadpan face.

"No wait, I didn't mean it like that." I said while waving my hands in their face. "I just mean, now I can help you with a subject." I sat up and smiled nervously at Karter. Karter nodded their head. "I do need some help with English..."

.   .   .

"Finally! We're done!" I an ounce throwing the packets in the air. Karter chuckled at me. "Yeah, that did take a while." "At least we get to work together." I smiled at them. "True." Karter nodded their head putting their packets away in their backpack.

"Richard is lucky he doesn't have to do all this work." I huff. "He probably does when he goes to a new school." "I hope so." I say with a smile on my face.

Someone knocks on my bedroom door that enters the room. "Karter?" Mom askes looking at us. Later turns there heard words mom. "Are you staying for dinner? We wouldn't mind, but would your mom let you?" Mom askes Karter. "I can check." Karter pulls out their phone.

We sit in silence for a bit as we wait for Karter's mom to text back. "You know you can leave, right mom?" I ask mom who's still standing in the door frame. "We'll tell you what she says." I say. Mom nods her head. "Right." She says then closed the door walking away again.

"Sorry about her." I giggle a bit. "It's ok." Karter nods their head. "So now that we're done with our work... Want to play Minecraft?" I ask. "Yeah." Karter says smiling.

. . .

Me and Karter we're playing on a new Minecraft world together. I was on my iPad while Karter was on their phone. I heard a ding from a phone, my phone was next to me so I knew it wasn't from mine. As soon as Larter logged off the world I looked over at them to see them folding their phone upright.

"What did she say?" I ask leaning over his shoulder to read. "She said yes." Karter turns off his phone before I can read the message. "But I'll have to go home right after dinner." "That's great." I smile at Karter. "Let's go tell my mom." I say dragging Karter by the wrist out of my bedroom and down the stairs to the kitchen.

I let go of Karter's wrist when we enter the room. "Mom!" I yelled running up to her, she was standing by the pantry going through different food for dinner. She turns around to face me opening her mouth to talk. Before she can get a word out I talk again. "Karter's mom said that they could stay for dinner!" I said excitedly.

Mom glanced behind me to look at Karter then she looks back at me again. "That's great." She smiles. "Yep! Except Karter has to leave right after dinner, but at least they can stay." I say my smile wavering a little.

"Karter, any requests for dinner, or favorite food, or any allergies?" Mom askes Karter. "Nope." Karter shakes there head. "Anything is fine with me." They say a bit quieter than when they were in my room. It kinda makes sense, after all, they did just officially meet mom. "Alright then." Mom said pulling out a box. "Pasta it is then." She says and looks at us as if waiting for us to agree. "Sure." Me and Karter both say at the same time. "Alright then." Mom chuckles at us speaking at the same time. "You can go back to whatever it was you were just doing." She says waving her hand signaling for us to leave again.

I giggled running up the stairs. This time I didn't drag Karter behind me, because saw the running right after me. When I got to my room I waited for Karter to enter before closing the door.

"I know it's only like an extra hour, but I'm glad you're staying over longer." I gave Karter a big smile. Karter returned the smile. "I'm glad I get to stay here longer too."

Then an idea popped into my head. "Do you think we could have a sleepover then?" I gasped. "Obviously not today." I clarified. "But maybe sometime later, if you want to." My smile waved. Is it kinda weird to ask Karter since I'm trans? "That sounds like fun." Karter smiled at me erasing all my previous douts. "I can't wait!" I said exidetly. "But let's enjoy our remaining time now." I said. "Yeah!" Karter said also excited about our future plans.

.   .   .

I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about the future. The next day would be bad enough.

.   .   .