Ch-56-Closet-?

. . .

Alex
- hey karter
- how are you
- didn't see you at school this morning
- u ok?

Seen

. . .

Karter
- closet

"What?" I ask confused. I glance over at Richard who is also texting Karter. "I think something's wrong." Richard says showing me his phone.

Karter
- hel

Help? I quickly stand up and run towards the school doors. "Where are you going?!" Richard yelled after me, I could hear him running after me. "To the only closet that's nearby!" I yell.

I run faster as panic starts to take over me. I hope Karter is ok... Maybe they meant one at home? I shook my head and push myself to go faster up the stairs to the second floor. No. Karter has to be here. I thought I saw them in a window earlier... Let's just hope I'm wrong...

. . .

"Karter!" I yell rounding the last corner. I didn't even stop running when I see the closet door to my right only a few feet away. Seeing the door makes me fun faster. I heard some giggles around the corner last the closet door.

I run-up to the door, while Richard runs past me around the corner to see who was laughing. I try opening the door, but the handle won't budge. Locked.

"Karter?!" I yell and bang on the door. I'm still trying to pull the door know down when I hear a sound. It was a scratching sound. Like someone was scratching on the door. "Karter?!" I yell and fall to the ground on my knees in front of the door. "Don't worry I'm going to get you out!" I yell out as I empty my pockets.

There's a rubberband, bank paper, a pencil the size of my thumb? Why is that even? Focus! Uh, what else is there? Keys? Keys! Those are my house keys dam it! I start to panic, not that I ever stopped. "D-don't worry! I'm gonna get you out of there!" I yell at the locked door. I hope they didn't hear my stutter...

I glance over my items again. What if I put the rubber band around the bumpy part of the key and tried that? No, that's just stupid. Uh.

I hear a jingle and see something drop next to my items. "Here." I hear Richard say. I pick it up eminently and thank Richard. "Thanks!" I yell shoving the keys in the lock. Why won't it fit? I flip the days over in a panic. It takes me about three tries with my shakey hands to put it in.

I turn the key and hear the door unlock. I'm filled with relief and some of my stress fades away. I slam the door open and run in. But then my stress and panic return, even worse. Probably at an all-time high.

. . .

Richard speeds past Alex to let him get Karter. He runs around the corner where he heard giggling coming from. He also had something he needed to do for Karter.

"Hey!" Richard yells at some people who are walking away. One of them turns around throwing something in the air making it jingle than catching it. "Oh look who it is." She says.

The other girl next to her also turns around. She looks between the girl next to her and the boy in front of her. "Oh boy." She starts laughing as the girl next to her glass at her. "This is one heck of a show." She laughs holding her stomach.

"Yeah, and your in it too." The girl next to her says. "Nah." The lauding girl waves a hand. "I think I'm good." She calms down. "This seems personal, so I should probably go..." She says and starts to walk backward. "Oh know your not." Both Richard and the other girl said. "Fine." She walks back next to the other girl and clicks her young in annoyance.

"Give me the key." Richard demands taking a step forwards. "Or what?" The girl with the key smiles. "I know you locked Karter in there." "Me?" The girl gasps. "This is just they let to my house." She says obviously lying.

Richard takes another step forward. "Now." He says. The girl with the key in her hand sighs. "You made the wrong choice Richard." She says walking towards him, Ricard also walks towards the girl. They only stop walking when they're mere inches apart from each other.

"Hey guys, personal space." The other girl says standing next to the two, no one even glasses at her. "Hey, Linsey?" The girls say now looking at her. "Hm?" She tilts her head. "Catch."

The girl inches away from Richard throws the pair of keys to Linsey who catches them jumping in the air. "Got 'em!" She yells happily and bounced on her toes. "Give those back!" Richard yells running towards her. "They weren't even yours, to begin with." She giggles. "Hanna, catch!" Lindsey yells throwing the keys over Richard's head. Hanna puts up a hand and catches the keys.

Richard snaps his head around. "Don't you dare." He says running towards Hanna. "Don't what?" She askes then throws the keys back over to Linsey. Lindsey catches the keys laughing. "You did it!" She laughed. Richard glares at her as she continues to laugh. "What a face."

"Why won't you admit it?" Richard askes standing in the middle between each girl who was on either side of the hall. "Admit what?" Lindsey askes. "Both of you." Richard faces the girl. "You spread the rumors." He points to Linsey. Richard then turns to Hanna. "And you acted like you were Jamie's friend." He points at Hanna.

"Even tho you helped send her to the hospital."

.   .   .