Ch-65-Comfort-?

. . .

I felt bad for leaving. My parents didn't actually need me. I just left because I got a text from Karter.

. . .

Alex
- this is for when you wake back up
- and dont read if your still tired
- sorry I had to leave you my parents came to take me home
- idk why I had to leave early to
- I wish I could still be with you
- and be there with you when you wake up
- I hope your mom is ok
- maybe we can call latter to
- text me back when you wake up
- and make sure to rest

Karter
- its ok that you had to leave
- I had to go home to
- you don't have to be with me when I wake up
- you were already there with me when I need you
- my mom is ok
- I think
- I was resting while I was asleep

Alex
- karter!
- how are you

Karter
- good
- how are you

Alex
- also good
- richard said he wanted to call the group later when Jamie and Noah get out of school
- probably to talk about what happened

Karter
- oh

Alex
- if you dont want him to talk about it that's ok
- I can tell him
- or you dine have to talk at all

Karter
- oh no thats ok
- you guys pro alt wouldn't want to know what happened anyway

Alex
- if you say so

Karter
-is that offer to call still up?

Alex
- yeah
- if you want to

Karter
- I wouldn't mind

I clicked the call button to call Karter, almost evidently they picked up. "Karter." I said excitedly. "How are you?" Larger laughed a bit. "I already told you, I'm fine. Why do you keep asking?" "Because I'm worried. You didn't look so good, I thought you would end up like Jamie..."

"...Well I didn't go to the hospital, and I'm ok now." Karter tells me. "I'm glad." I say with a smile on my face. "Oh yeah, how your sweater? I saw it was sort of stained..." I say remembering it was stained red. "Oh yeah, about that." Karter nervously laughs. "It's kind of ruined, and so is your sweater. They gave it to me, but I know it's yours. Sorry about that." "Don't be." I shake my head. "It was all I could do to help at the time. Besides, my dad gave me his jacket to wear." "That's nice." I hum and nod my head.

"How was you mom? I don't think she's too happy with me..." I say worried. "Oh." Karter says. "Well, I did wake up to her telling me it was time to go." "What?" I interrupt Karter. "You should have been sleeping." I say worried. "I had enough sleep, I also slept when I got back home. Then I woke up and texted you." "As long as you got more rest." I sigh. "Yep."

"But, I don't think my mom likes you..." Karter admits. "I don't think she ever really liked people like us..." Karter says sadly. "Oh, I'm sorry." I say. "Why? You didn't do anything wrong." Karter says. "Well, it was my parents that told her my gender..." "That's, not your fault, and they did the right thing. You have great parents." "Yeah..." I say. "But still, I'm sorry your mom is like that." "It's ok." Karter says. "She's just always had a strong opinion about things." "But that's not ok." I protest. Karter stays silent.

"You haven't told her, have you?" I ask. "No." Karter mumbles. "That's good." I say. "I talked to someone today. They said if your mom is like that, your probably shouldn't come out to her cause it might not be good, or safe..." "You told someone?" Karter asked worriedly. "Don't worry, they don't know you, and I didn't say your name. They're just an online friend." I reassured Karter. "Oh, I guess that's ok." "I'll ask next time. I just wanted to know what I could do to help." I say. "Thanks, I guess." "Yep." I hum.

"I think you'd like them, they're kind of like you, except their genderfluid and use and pronouns." I say happily, trying to lighten the mood. "I thought about if I was genderfluid at one point, but I quickly realized I didn't want to be called a girl or a guy." Karter tells me. "That's cool." I say happy for them.

"I just got annoyed with people calling me a girl. I became more aware of what people called me as time passed." I chuckle lightly to myself. "One time I even cried over how much people called and referred to me as a girl one day." "Oh no, that's not fun." Karter says worldly. "It's ok." I say. "After that, I was annoyed why it bothered me so much. Then I was more sure of who I was." "I guess that's one way to find out who you are?" Karter said sounding confused. I giggled a bit. "Not the best way I know. But I guess it worked for me, just look at me now." I say confidently. "Yeah, I thought you were a guy when I first met you, turns out I was right." Karter says. "Aww, your so sweet." I say.

It takes Karter a second to reply. "T-thanks, I guess." They mumble. "Aww, some be embarrassed." I say. "Well, your nice too." Karter mumbles again. "Aww, thank you." I smile.

"Oh, and, sorry about earlier." Karter says. "About what?" I have an idea what it is, but I hope I'm wrong. "You know when I was crying and stuff." "Oh don't be sorry about that. After all, I was crying too." I admit. "You were just tired, and I didn't mind." I say letting Karter know it's ok. I heard Karter hum in the other end letting me know he heard me.

"Hey want to go on the realm?" I suggest. "Sure." Karter says. "Yay." I say excitedly. "It's been some time." "It has."

.   .   .