Ch-17-Knowing-?

.   .   .

I was sat on a bench and nearly dropped my phone from how surprised and shocked I was.

.   .   .

I griped my phone. No... And ran the rest of the way home. It can't be true. Tears fell out of my eyes and the wind blew them away. It can't be real. I picked up my pace stopping my feet on the sidewalk. Why wouldn't they tell me? My pace slowed when I saw the house in the distance.

I dragged my feet up the steps and into the house not saying a word. "Welcome home!" Kristen said from the couch. "Great timing! Want to watch a show with us?" Phil asked. I couldn't believe the audacity he had.

I walked past them towards the stairs not looking at them keeping my head down. "What's wrong?" Kristen asked. "You alright?" Phil asked placing a hand on my shoulder. I slapped his hand away mumbling. "Liar." "What was that?" Phil asked confused stepping in front of me, Kristen stood next to him. I was going to go around them but Phil pleased a strong hand on my shoulder stopping me.

"Please tell us what wrong." He asked concerned. "Your wrong." I mumbled trying to get out of his grip. "What?" Phil asked not hearing me.

"Let me go." I said strictly. "Not until you tell one of us what's wrong." Phil said back strictly. "Hah, like your one to talk." I didn't mumble, I was done with this. "What?" Phil asked confused.

"Stop being so confused with everything I say!" I snapped. I grabbed his wrist of the hand that was on my shoulder and looked up at him. I gave him a glare not caring that I was also crying. Phil quickly let go of my shoulder. Kristen came to the other side of me. "What's wrong?" She asked again.

"You should know what wrong!" I pointed at Phil then looked away when I saw his look. "I bet you knew to didn't you." I said turning my head to Kristen keeping it down.

I threw my phone at her that still had the video pulled up. "Liars!" I yelled running up the stairs. I slammed the door to my room and locked it. I threw my backpack off me onto the bed and quickly took out my lunch box. I threw in a few clothes, mostly hoodies, where my lunch box used to sit in my backpack. I also packed a few smaller things like a toothbrush, charger, and of course my lion. I didn't really have a plan, I just thought of one while packing and leaving my room.

I walked down the stairs then grabbed my phone from Kristan and Phil who were watching it where I left them. "I'm going to Jamie's." I said walking past them. "H-how long?" Kristen asked. I passed my walking to think. "I don't know." I said annoyed slamming the front door.

.   .   .

I knocked on a wooden door. "Hello?" Said Jamie opening the door. "Alex? What are you-?" Jamie was asking but stopped when she saw me staring at the ground. "Are you ok-?" "-Can I stay here tonight?" I asked. "U-uh yeah sure, come on in." Jamie said opening the door for me.

Jamie led me up to her room then closed and locked the door. "Alex, I know I said next time we could have a sleepover at my place, but I didn't know you meant today." She weakly smiled trying her best. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming over?"

I stayed silent for a few seconds. "Did you get the texts?" "Oh, the ones from the group chat? Yeah, I didn't read them yet." I nodded sitting on the ground. Jamie sat next to me and pulled out her phone. "Hmm, let's see." She clicked on the video.

Phil's voice came out of her phone. He sounds the same, even coming from a stupid video... Jamie gasped. She looked at me than her phone again. "Alex?" She looked at me again turning her phone off. "Is that-?" I nodded. "Did you know?" I shook my head wiping my eyes with my sleeve.

"Oh, Alex..." She said hugging me. "I'm glad you came here. He should have told you. Wait did Kristen know to?" I nodded onto Jami's shoulder. "And I just ate her cookie today!" Jamie gasped trying to there me up, which mind of worked since I choked out a laugh turning into a sob. I was so sad and embarrassed. But mostly, I was glad I had Jamie.

. . .

"So your Jamie's friend, Alex was it?" Asked Jamie's mother at dinner. "Yes ma'am, and thank you for letting me stay." "It's no problem at all really." "I'm just glad my little girl has another girl-friend besides Hanna." I cringed at what Jamie's father said.

"Dad." Jamie said seriously. "Does he really look like a girl?" Jamie... Jamie's father stared at me for a bit examining me. That was before he got hit in the head by his wife. "Stop staring at the poor boy, you'll be scaring him out if here before we know it." "Yes, my bad." Said Jamie's father. Phew, close call. Glad I'm wearing my big baggy sweater. "So your boyfriend is staying over? Is that how it is?"

I looked over to see Jamie's brother talking nonsense. "Ethan, he's not my boyfriend." Jamie crossed her arms. "And besides something happens so he's staying here tonight, maybe tomorrow. I bet your just jealous cause you can't have your girlfriend sleepover." Jamie said calmly sticking a tongue out while pointing a fork at her brother. "Why you-!" "Settle down kids, we have a guest." Ethan got interrupted by his father.

"It's alight sir." I waved my hands. "It nice and lively, I've never had a sibling before so it's nice to see such a lively house." I complimented. "Lucky." Jamie mumbled under her breath and I nearly spit out the milk I was drinking. "Bitch." Ethan mumbled back. "Thank you, young man, but they're usually not like this." The father said glaring at both kids who sunk in their seats.

.   .   .

After dinner, we went back to Jamie's room. I could only stay in Jamie's room as long as we kept the door open. We watch a lot of Ph1LzA videos on YouTube. At some point, Jamie passed out so I went to the mattress on the floor and continued watching. He's so popular... And has so many friends... And a whole other family.

.   .   .