Ch-73-Bam-?

.   .   .

I froze and hesitated for a second when I walked in the lunchroom. I shouldn't have hesitated. I should have went in right away. It's all my fault. If only I didn't hesitate.

Bam

.   .   .

I quickly look around the cafeteria. Where are the teachers? I stop looking after three seconds and run into the cafeteria remembering what just happened. A kid hit another kid over there back with a lunch tray causing them to fall to the ground.

I run up to the kid and shake there shoulders. "Karter?" I ask. "Karter are you ok?" I stop shaking Karters shoulder when I feel movement. I take my hands of and we Karter sit up. "Karter." I say and hug them on the verge if tears.

"Ew, look at those gays."

I look up and see the kid smiling with the lunch tray in his hand. "I bet you would be concerned if your friend just got hit." I say to him. "Yeah but my friends and gay." He says, I see someone next to him pull there sleeve down nervously. "And what makes you think we are?" I ask.

"Because you guys were around Richard all the time and he's gay." The kid says like it's obvious. "So you think being gay is contagious?" I ask standing up in front of Karter. "Yeah, it's a disease." He says. "What proof do you have?" I ask confidently.

"Well my parents said it was, and parents are always right." "My parents said it wasn't, and parents are always right." I smirk at him. "Your parents are lying." He days pointing at me. "And what makes you so sure your parents sent lying." I say. "Well, because, you guys hang around Richard so your gay, stop trying to infect me!" He complains. "Then why didn't you say anything before, while Richard was still here?" I ask. "Or was it because you're afraid of him?"

The kid doesn't respond so I continue. "You know I can still call him right? So what makes you think your safe outside school?" "Thats a threat!" The kid yells pointing at me. "You just threatened me!" "Actually I didn't, I was just stating facts." I say. "And warning you." I smile. The room falls silent.

I help Karter up. "Lets go." I smile at Karter who nods there head. I grab Karter tightly hy the wrist and drag them outside behind me.

"Are you ok?" I here Karter ask me so I stop walking when I'm near our tree. "Hiw are you?" I ask still holding Karter's wrist and not facing them. "Are you hurt?" I ask again. "Im fine." I here Karter say. "Are you sure?" I ask. "Yes." Karter says.

I let go of Karter's wrist and walk over to the brick wall I was at this morning, the one hidden out of sight from the school's entrance. I stand in front of the wall and state at it. I keep thinking about what that kid said, and how stupid he was. He was wrong. It's not like that. No one's like that. I wish I could just-

Bam

"Alex." Karter says shocked

Bam

"Alex, please." Karter says sadly.

Ba-

Karter grabs onto my arm, stopping me from doing it again. I look over at Karter's face and see tears in their eyes. "Alex, please." Karter whispers at me. I blink my eyes. Why are my eyes wet? I blink my eyes again so there not wet.

I look down at my balled-up fists and see them bruised. I look over at Karter again. "I'm sorry." I say sadly. "It's ok, just calm down." Karter says softly to me. "I-I just- I just wish I could have hit him." I admit while stuttering. I look down at my hands again seeing my knuckles still bruised. What did I expect? For it to magically disappear?

"Me too." Karter whispers and pulls me into a hug. "But we can't, I don't want you to leave me to." "Karter." I say their name sadly. "I would leave you." "But you would leave the school, then u would be all alone." Karter says sounding like there going to cry. I place my hands on Karter's shoulders and push through the pain of my hands to pry them off me and look them in the eyes. "Karter, I will never leave you alone." I say looking Kater in the eyes. "I would never do anything to get myself kicked out, to leave you alone. We're in this together, and we'll get through it together, ok?" I say seriously. Karter nods there head. "O-ok." I smile at Karter who returned the smile.

Katter's smile droops. "But we would get you the nurse first." They take my hands of their shoulders, which I wince at, and place my hands in there's to look at the bruises. Karter brings my hands up to their eyes to examine it. "They don't look broken." I can just market hear Karter mumble. "Am I good to go see the nurse, doctor Karter?" I joke chuckling lightly. Karter quickly lets go of my hands. "U-uh, y-yeah." They say embarrassed then turn away. "Let's go to the n-nurse then." I can't help but chuckle quietly at how embarrassed Karter got. "Alright doctor." I say teasing Karter.

.   .   .