1 | His Daughter

Kakuzu let out a heavy sigh, looking at her deceased wife's body. "I'm sorry, Yuki. I will never be able to be a perfect father, especially without you." He muttered as he ran his fingers through her soft white hair. He pulled down his mask, and planted a kiss on her cold, lifeless lips.

After regaining his composure, he pulled up his mask, and turned, facing the doctor.

"Where's my daughter?" It sounds more like a command than a question.

"She's here." A nurse said, entering the room, holding a newborn baby in her hands. She gave the baby to Kakuzu.

"What do you want to name her?"

Kakuzu took a deep breath, looking at the sleeping bundle in his arms.

"Karasu. Her name will be Karasu Kigaeru."

*/*\*/*\*

Kakuzu entered the hideout silently, trying to ignore the curious glances from the other members.

"What's in your arms, Kakuzu?" Orochimaru asked at last.

"It's none of your business." He growled, and disappeared behind the walls. The snake hissed in annoyance, while Kisame chuckled slightly.

"What's wrong with him?" The blue man asked to no one in particular, a glint of amusement in his eyes. Hearing the question, Sasori scoffed.

"Don't worry. We will know sooner or later." Said the puppet, silencing the living room.

Kakuzu walked slowly through the halls, and stopped in front of a particular room. He knocked the door.

"Enter."

With that, he opened the door, and entered the room.

"Leader-sama." Kakuzu greeted, bowing a little. Pein nodded, as his rinnegan eyes examined the bundle Kakuzu was holding. "What is that, Kakuzu?"

"She's my daughter."

Those 3 words are enough to make Pein froze in shock. Kakuzu didn't look like the type of a man who will have a lover. And now, he has a daughter, sleeping peacefully in his arms. "Her mother died on labor last week." Kakuzu stated.

Pein stayed silent. He was an orphan, too. But how can he let this girl stay? The baby will be raised in an organization full of S-rank criminals. It's not the best environment for a child to grow up in.

And again, he still wants her to grow up with her father on her side.

"What's her name?" Pein asked as he stood up and walked towards Kakuzu to get a better view of the girl. He almost let out a gasp when he heard the name.

"Karasu Kigaeru."

Kigaeru. It's unbelievable, although not impossible. With that fact, she can be a very strong kunoichi, with some help from the right teacher.

"Alright, Kakuzu. You may keep her here. And you might want to tell the others, especially Konan." The leader finally said.

"Hai." Kakuzu answered, bowing. He exited the room, not noticing the smirk on Pein's face.

"A baby in the Akatsuki? It sure is gonna be interesting..."

*/*\*/*\*

"Kawaii!!!" Konan squealed, holding the girl. "She's so cute, Kakuzu!" She whined, causing the father to sigh.

"Can we eat her?" Zetsu asked as he popped out of the ground. Konan growled, causing the half-plant to gulp in fear, and disappeared.

"What is her name? Kisame asked.

"Karasu. Karasu Kigaeru."

"Karasu? You named her after a crow? Why?" Sasori added, thanks to his too observant personality.

"Because..... She brought death to her mother."

Everything fell silent.

"It sounds like you hate her, Kakuzu." Konan whispered softly.

"Maybe. I might just hate her. After all, I never expect her." Kakuzu said calmly as he left to his room, leaving his daughter with the other members.

"Poor girl." Orochimaru muttered.

"Surprisingly, this time I agree with you." Sasori told his partner, who hissed and gave a glare in return.

"Guys, look!" Konan said all of a sudden, causing the remaining members to gather around her and the little girl. Including Pein, but without her father.

The girl slowly opened her eyes, causing everyone to gasp. Her right eye is magenta, but her left eye...

It's very strange. It keeps switching color. From magenta, then blue, black, grey, green, and so on.

"What the hell..." Kisame mumbled, his eyes still wide in shock. Seeing all the attention on her, she did something to break the silence.

She giggled.

"Oh my Kami...... Kawaii!!" Konan squealed again. Everyone sighed, watching Konan turning back to her fan-girling mode.

"Now, who will take care of her tonight? Not Konan, obviously, Karasu won't be able to sleep." Pein stated, causing everyone to look at each other.

"I'll do it." Sasori finally said, not wanting to wait any longer for someone to say yes.

And unfortunately...

Not realizing that he's going to have a long night.

*/*\*/*\*

-edited