2 | Departure

"Hey, Kisa-kun!" The 4-years-old girl yelled, dragging an axe 3 times taller than herself. For most people, it must be a pretty strange sight, even though it was an everyday routine for the Akatsuki. Just imagine a small girl with white hair, glaring at a half-shark in anger while holding a giant double-bladed axe. If looks can kill, the Hoshigaki might already be in comma.

"W-what is it, kiddo?" The blue-skinned man asked nervously, while Orochimaru just enjoyed the scene, trying to hold back his laughter.

"You eat my dangos again, don't you?!" She demanded. Before the ex-Mist nin can reply, there was a soft chuckle. It was Konan, Karasu's godmother (even when she respect her as a big sister).

"Let's just make some new ones, sweetie. Kisame can wash the dishes." The Amegakure's angel stated, bringing a smile to the girl's face.

"Okay, Nee-chan!"

Orochimaru is right. Such a poor girl. Ever since 4 years ago, when she first came to the hideout, and also a week after her mother's death; Kakuzu had been acting weird. He ignored his daughter, and treated her as if she was merely just another Akatsuki member.

Even when everyone has taken a liking on her.

Pein and Konan became her godparents. Technically, she was raised by the Akatsuki. Or, to be exact: Sasori, Kisame, and Konan.

It doesn't seem right, does it? But sadly, it's the truth.

She was still so young, but that doesn't mean she's weak. She can handle her axe pretty well for a shinobi's standard. She's much smarter than any ordinary girl. True, her physical strength is far from suffice, but her intelligence is amazing.

Even though most of her skills are in puppetry (Sasori has an ambition to make her became a perfect puppeteer), she is great at wielding any kind of weapons (thanks to Kisame, who always spar with her almost every weekend), and handling poisonous plants or animals, mainly snakes (credit goes to Zetsu and Orochimaru).

She's a special girl. Everyone knows that, except her father.

"Now clean the mess please, Kisa-kun!" Karasu said with a giggle as she trotted away from the kitchen, holding a plate of dangos in her hands. "When you're done, I'll give you the dangos!" She cheered.

Kisame sighed. He hates sweet. But somehow, he likes hers. He likes all the snacks she made. Whether it's dango, cookies, cakes, and so on. That cute ball of energy... She sure is making me soft, he told himself.

After she shared the sweet snack to everyone in the living room (Orochimaru and Zetsu), she left to find Sasori.

"Saso-kun? May I come in?" She asked slowly, not wanting to disturb her 'brother'.

"Of course." The puppet stated, watching in amusement as he saw the girl stumbled, almost falling. She tried to open the door with her feet, while holding the snacks in her hand.

"H-Help, please!" She said in panic, looking at Sasori with pleading eyes. Sasori let out a small chuckle, as he walked towards the door, and opened it, letting the little girl entered the room.

"I made this for you!" She told him, handing him a dango. She knew he doesn't eat often, so she never give him too many.

Sasori, on the other hand, doesn't need to eat at all actually, due to the fact that he's a puppet. But like everyone else, he can't resist Karasu's puppy dog eyes.

"Thanks, Ara." He said, ruffling her hair. He was grateful to be reminded everyday that puppets have emotions.