4 | A Lifetime Companion

"It's so similar to Ame." Karasu grunted, examining her surroundings. She was in Kiri already. Truthfully, she was planning on going to Konoha, but she had decided to take the long way.

"And it's so cold...." She muttered, tightening the cloak around her body. "At least it's not raining..."

Then, a drop of water landed on her face. And then another, and another, as it began to rain.

"Damn. I jinxed it. I guess I have to find a place to stay. Ugh." She scolded herself, as she fastened her pace, her axe hanging on her back.

She regrets nothing, actually. After leaving the Akatsuki hideout 4 months ago, she had many wonderful experience. She learned many lessons of life; about trust, survival, and much more. How to fight without attract any attention, how to run away without being noticed, how to get money and use it for survival. Yes, she miss Saso and Kisa, Orochi and Zetsu, too, but it's worth the adventure.

"Gotcha." She cheered as she found a big cave. She entered it, to found a burning bonfire there, and a boy sitting in front of it. A big sword was leaning on the cave's wall.

"Uhh... Whoops... I think I'll just go..." Karasu muttered sheepishly. Just as she was about to walk away, a harsh voice called her.

"It's fine. You may stay."

She nodded, and entered the cave hurriedly. After all, it would be troublesome if she catch a cold. No one likes a sick homeless child. She put down her axe, and sat in front of the bonfire, across the mysterious boy. He has a tall, muscular figure.

"Tell me, how old are you?" He asked. His voice was deep, and intimidating, that it brought shivers down her spine.

"I'm 4..." She muttered, looking down.

"You're travelling alone?"

"Yes..."

He narrowed his eyes at her, making her flinch. "What's your name?" He asked again.

"Karasu. Ara for short." She answered, avoiding his gaze.

"I'm Zabuza." He introduced himself in reply. Then silence.

He finally asked another question, pointing at Kirā. "Is that yours? May I see it?"

Karasu nodded. "Yeah. Can I see your sword?"

He nodded back. With the confirmation, she stood up, handing her axe, and sat next to him. She took his sword, and traced her fingers along its blade, making a small, deep, cut. She ignored the blood. "Cool. What's the name?"

"Kubikiribōchō." He replied shortly, turning his gaze at her.

"My axe is Kirā." She mumbled, putting the sword back. Slowly, she began to heal the cut, not realizing that the boy was watching her in curiosity.

Such a young girl, yet she already knows basic medical jutsu, and from her hands, I can tell that she can wield her axe well, the boy noted. It's not everyday he can meet someone like her. From the way she walk, the way she scanned the cave for the first time, the way she examined him, she must have been received some ninja training.

"You're a ninja, right?" He asked.

Instead of answering, she took out a small candy from her pocket and throw it into her mouth. She turned at him, and raised an eyebrow.

"Where's your headband?" He asked again, changing his question.

"I don't have any." She said with a shrug, "I'm not an official shinobi."

The boy nodded, as he stood up. "The rain had stopped. You might want to follow me."

"Huh?"

"You don't have a place to stay, right?"