Chapter 35 : Sekki's Story

"Your clan, Raven, was a very ancient clan, even older than the Senju and the Uchiha. They had their own village, which was located in a small island near the Land of Snow. They were... neutral. They had no allies nor enemies."

"When all the Bijūs were just born, the were the ones who took care of them. For centuries, they took care of us, beasts. They were the only ones who can understand us."

"As the Bijūs grew older, the Kigaeru let them go, to live on their own. When the Nations captured them for weapons, the clan was mad. Many spies were sent out to locate the Bijūs."

"The clan, was invisible for more decades. Not literally, but still. In many history books, it was said that the raging Bijūs suddenly went into a daze, then they calmed themselves down and stopped fighting. They often stopped hurting their jinchūriki all of a sudden. They suddenly left the villages they were trying to destroy. They stopped struggling when they were about to get sealed. Many similar stories were written, but you get my point. The Kigaeru calmed them down."

"Their names can only be found in 3 scrolls. All were written by the first, and the only Kigaeru, who has ever shown himself in the middle of the Kage Summit, a few years after the Second Shinobi War, in order to inform the Kages about his clan's existence and intentions."

"The first scroll, is about their history. It is written in an ancient language that only beasts, and Kigaerus, can understand."

"The second scroll, is about themselves. Their common weaknesses, abilities, and personalities. It is written in codes. Numbers, lines and dots. Not many people can decipher it, but some managed."

"The last one, is about the details of their kekkei genkai. This is the simplest one. It's written in Kanji."

"... I have the third one," Ara commented, "But it was burnt from the beginning of the explanation on the last stage." She said, as she finished with the fence.

"It was burnt for a reason. They burnt the scroll to hide the details of the fifth stage. You see, Raven..." Sekki trailed off, as he looked straight at her eyes.

"That information destroyed them."

*/*\*/*\*

Ara slowly dragged her feet back to the house. She pushed the door open, and entered the room, followed by Yūsha.

Kakashi heard the footsteps, and approached the door. He was frozen in his place.

Yūsha looked as if he had just been seen a ghost. But Ara...

He couldn't even explain it.

The said girl continued walking, until she hit Kakashi's body. He hugged her, as she stayed silent.

A tear fell from her eyes. Then another. And another. She silently cried, without sobs.

Kakashi patted her back, trying to soothe her down, as he sat on the couch, pulling her with him. As she calmed down, which is half an hour later, he asked her a question.

"Ara... What's wrong?"

"... They technically killed themselves... For power..." She whispered, quoting Sekki's words perfectly.

"Who, Ara?"

"My clan..." She mumbled, as she slowly pulled away from his hug, and sat next to him.

"Sekki... The centipede... He told me about their downfall." She said, looking down, "If you want, I can tell you."

Kakashi slowly nodded. Ara took a deep breath, and started her story.

"The Kigaeru clan, a secret, ancient clan, was in peace at first. No allies, no enemies, no conflicts and no problem."