Chapter 5 : Alive, In Her New Home

'Hey, Yūsha?'
-Hm?-
'How far are we to Konoha?'
-I don't know. But we're not far away from there.-
Strange sight indeed. A little white haired girl, walking in the middle of a forest, carrying a tiger cub in her arms, with an axe on her back.
-Why do you choose Konoha? I love Kiri, and Takigakure sounds fun.-
Yeah. Karasu had told Yūsha about Hidan and Zabuza.
'Konoha is the biggest among all the nations. Many amazing shinobis were there. Such as Kakashi Hatake, Itachi Uchiha, The Yellow Flash, The Red Death, and many more. Also, it's the place where powerful clans live. For example, the Uchiha, the Hyuuga, Nara, Inuzuka, Aburame, and also Yamanaka. Besides, I heard that the Kyuubi container is there, too.'
-Where did you learn all of that?-
'Bingo books.'

Yūsha fell silent after that.
'I hate this.' Karasu muttered, as some tiny drops of water fell on her.
-Rain again?-
'Yeah. And there's no shelter nearby. I'm running out of chakra.'
-Adding the fact that you haven't sleep in 5 days. The last time you eat something is 3 days ago. We haven't drink anything in 2 days. And we have no bandages, so I can't treat your wounds.-
'Don't remind me, Yūsha.'
Yūsha chuckled in reply.
They both know they're dying. They have been walking for 5 days nonstop. Her whole body is shaking, and it seems like the cold weather is making her condition worse, triggering the lung disease she got from her deceased mother. She never complains, though. All she wants is a small place to stay, where she can make fire, and sleep without fear. It seems like it's too much to ask.
She sighed. Life is rough, she mustn't forget it. Life is also dangerous, she can't deny it. Yet life is actually beautiful, and she has to remember that.
The rain got bigger. She just bit her lip and hugged Yūsha tighter to her chest. She snuggled her face onto his fur, as tears rolled out from her eyes.
-Ara? Are you crying?-
She just shook her head. But Yūsha knows better than to believe her.
-Ara, don't lie. Please. Tell me, what's wrong?-
Her sobs got louder. She fell onto her knees, and keep crying.
'I-I miss them! I miss Saso-kun, I miss Sharky, I miss Orochi, I miss Zetsu-senpai, I miss everyone!'
-Ara.... You can just come back, you know that, right?-
'But I'm scared, Yūsha! The look Otou-sama gave me... It seems like he hates me with all his heart... What's my fault?!'
Yūsha sighed. She may be a good fighter, but she's still a child, after all. And this thing, all about her bond with her father, it must have traumatized her.
-It's not your fault, Ara. You didn't do anything wrong. Don't blame yourself, okay?-
Suddenly, her breath got faster and irregular. Yūsha jumped out from her arms, and he let out a gasp when he saw that most of her wounds have re-opened. She fell, laying on the ground.
'Yū-Yūsha... I-I think I can't take this anymore...'
-What are you saying?! We will reach Konoha! Don't say nonsense like that, Ara!-
'Yūsha... I-I'm serious... I can't move at all...' Karasu muttered, as she coughed up more blood. Her fingers reached out for Yūsha, and she petted his head lightly. For the first time, Yūsha showed emotion. Sadness. His body starts shaking, and he gritted his teeth, as tears slipped out from his eyes.
-Ara, don't talk as if you're going to die!- he growled. But Karasu just smiled.
'I'm not afraid of death, Yūsha.' She whispered.
-I'm going to find help! Hold on, Ara!- Yūsha exclaimed, but Karasu hold him tight.
'You don't need to. Don't leave me alone. Please. Just stay, Yūsha.'
Tears is now flowing freely from his eyes. But he reluctantly nod his head, and snuggled closer to give her a little more warmth.
He can't let her be alone again.
*/*\*/*\*
It has been a few hours since Ara collapsed, but Yūsha didn't move from his position. He didn't react when he hardly hear her heartbeat. Karasu might die, yes, but again, her wish is his command. If she really died, at least she will die in peace. It's not like he can do anything, by the way. In his form now, he might die as well. He barely can keep his eyes open.
His ears perked up when he heard some approaching footsteps.
"Minato, did you feel that?" Someone asked. Yūsha growled softly. If they dare touch his master, he will send them to hell, that's for sure.
"Feel what, Kushina?" This time, it sound like a man.
"I can feel a small chakra presence nearby, dattebane!"
Yūsha can see a pair of legs stopped in front of him. He doesn't have enough energy to look up, so he stay focused on his hearing, while growling louder.
"See? It's a girl! A little girl! - Hey, hurry up and come here, you idiotic Namikaze!" The woman yelled.
Namikaze? Wait, so his name is Minato Namikaze? He's the Yondaime Hokage, right? Yūsha thought.
"Kami, you have a high fever..." The woman muttered, touching Karasu's forehead. Yūsha prepared his fangs, ready to bite the woman. The woman pulled away her hand immediately. "No, no! Don't worry! I won't hurt her, I promise!" She shrieked.
Something told Yūsha to believe the woman. He can feel a familiar chakra in her. The Kyūbi's chakra.
And then the man rushed over. "What is it, Ku- Oh my Kami. We have to take her to the village, now."
Yūsha sighed in relief. Yeah, his master is safe now. He let out a small growl, telling the strangers not to separate him from Karasu.
Then he let his consciousness slipped away.
*/*\*/*\*
Kakashi sighed loudly. Seriously, why him?
He was stuck in Minato's house, watching over a little girl. With a tiger next to her.
He hates it. Seeing that girl, it reminds him of himself. Alone.
The first time the tiger woke up, he attacked the nearest people there. Him, of course. That wild tiger would have already cut off his throat, if Kakashi had act a second slower. And after Kushina came, the tiger somewhat get calmer, and went back to sleep. Over the time, the tiger had gotten bigger. First it's just a small cub, but now he's almost as big as an adult tiger.
And the Hatake can't stop wondering about the giant double-bladed axe. Its long is almost twice taller than the girl herself. There's also a scroll, but somehow no one can open it. Plus, why did she cover her left eye?
"Ugh..." A groan was heard. Kakashi snapped back to reality, and looked at the girl. She opened her eyes, and slowly sat up. He expect her to ask 'Where am I?' but he's wrong.
"So, I'm not dead, huh?"
Kakashi hold back his chuckle. How can she talk about death like that? It's a mystery.
"No, you're not." The 13-years-old boy replied. Karasu turned at her, and raised an eyebrow.
"Who are you, Mr. Weird Hair?"
His eye twitched at the nickname. "You can call me Kakashi."
"As in, Kakashi Hatake?"
"Hm. And how could you know that?"
"You'll never understand how many things a single bingo book can teach you." She replied, as she petted the tiger's head. The tiger opened his eyes slightly, but he didn't move from his place.
Kakashi let out a small chuckle. He's 13, 9 years older than her, but he likes her. Not in a romantic way, of course.
"Kakashi, how is- Ah, at last you're awake, dattebane!" A red hair woman exclaimed as she entered the room. She was wearing a long dress, and Karasu have to admit that she's pretty.
"Kushina, don't be so loud." Another man said as he walked in as well. Ara narrowed her eyes at them.
Yūsha snorted, opening his eyes any growled softly.
-They brought you here, the blonde and the red-head.-
"Your tiger didn't want to leave your side even for a second. He's so protective." The man stated. He has spiky blonde hair, and he's wearing a dark blue ninja clothes.
Hearing this, Karasu smiled.
"That's just how he is. His name is Yūsha." Karasu told them. "Thanks for saving me!" She added, bowing at the 2.
"It's nothing." The man replied, grinning. "By the way, what's your name?"
"I'm Karasu."
"Don't you have any last name?"
"You really want to know?"
"..... Yes...?"
"Kigaeru. Karasu Kigaeru."
Kushina let out a small gasp. The clan was supposed to be extinct, right? Kushina just shook it off and focused back on the conversation.
"How old are you?"
"What date is today?"
"..... 26 January. Why?"
"My 5th birthday is coming in 73 days."
Minato raised an eyebrow. Most kid will only give the number. She gives the exact date! She must be smart, obviously.
"9 April." Kakashi confirmed. Minato nodded, and turned back to the girl.
"Okay... May I ask, where's your parents?" he paused, seeing that the look in her eyes changed, "Um... You don't need to answer that."
"My mother died on labor, my father hates me. I ran away from my old home." Karasu said coldly.
So blunt. She talk about it as if it was merely just a simple fairytale. As if, she had already used to the fact. Everyone noticed this. Kushina frowned, Minato flinched, while Kakashi just looked away.
She's just like me, Kakashi told himself.
"A-Alright." Minato stuttered. He didn't expect her tone to change like that. He can hear the tiger growled louder. He took a deep breath, and asked,
"Do you want to live with us?"
She smiled, and turned at the tiger. The tiger gave a small nod.
"Why not?" She asked back.
Kushina smiled. "Then it's settled, dattebane! From now, you will stay here with us!"
"Don't I have to talk to the Hokage?" Ara asked, causing Minato's grin to grew wider.
"He's standing in front of you." Minato stated. Karasu nodded calmly. "Then you must be Minato Namikaze, and you're Kushina Uzumaki. The Yellow Flash and the Red Death!" Karasu said, pointing at Minato and Kushina.
"How could you know that, dattebane?"
"My old family taught me many things." She replied. To break the conversation, her stomach growled.
"You must be hungry! I'll take the food here!" Kushina cheered, and left the room. Minato cringed at his wife's loudness. "I have to go. I still have many paperwork's to do. See you later." Minato said, and disappeared.
"So, it's just you and me again." Karasu said, turning at Kakashi, who scoffed in response. "Kashi, you can call me Ara."
"Whatever."
Then silence. Karasu just played with her hair, not realizing that Kakashi is looking at her in interest.
"Why are you carrying that axe? And with that kind of clothes, are you even a ninja?" Kakashi asked at last, referring to the white dress and black blouse she's wearing. Karasu looked up, and smiled.
"Don't judge a book by its cover. I'm not an official kunoichi, but I have lots of ninja training since I was young. I can tell that you're similar to me. You seemed like a talented shinobi, Kashi."
Kakashi gave a small nod. "I don't really know about you, but from the way you talk, I can tell that you're not an ordinary girl."
"I'm far from it."
Just then, Kushina entered the room with a wide smile, holding a tray with a bowl of ramen and a cup of tea on it.
"Itadakimasu!"
*/*\*/*\*
Done! Comment! Vote!