Chapter 43 : Busy

A figure could be seen walking in the middle of the empty streets of Akasen. The wind breeze through the night, while the masked girl stopped in front of a house. She unlocked the door and pushed the door open, entering the building as a crow flew in.

Closing the door, she pulled off her mask, and looked at the clock. 11.47 p.m.

"It's not yet midnight... I think I can spend some time reading." She said, looking down at the white tiger beside her, who growled softly in disagreement.

-You should sleep.-

"You know I'm insomniac." She told him, walking towards her room and took off her Anbu uniform, untying her headband and got changed.

-Karasu Kigaeru, please for once, just listen to me.- The tiger said with a growl, now glaring, -You haven't slept for 5 days, and I'm pretty sure that even your insomnia will not affect your ability to fall asleep in this case.-

Ara let out a sigh. She ran her fingers through her white hair, as she sat on the bed.

"Okay, you win. Fine, I'll sleep." She stated, as she dropped herself into the mattress. The tiger climbed onto her side and snuggled his muzzle onto the crook of her neck.

"But to honest, you scares me when you call me with my full name." She muttered, receiving a chuckle in reply.

*/*\*/*\*

"Come on! We'll get her this time! The fox is not gonna escape!"

"The demon's going this way! Follow me!"

A girl, probably just twelve years old, stood leaning on a wall, shaking and panting slightly. Far above her, a small crow flew, watching helplessly as the scenes unfold.

"There she is! Kill that monster!"

Her eyes widened as one of the villagers grabbed her hair, and stopped her from escaping. She was slammed onto the ground, and instantly being held firmly against it.

"Die, you little demon!"

Kick, punch, spit on the girl. Slash, stab, burn and repeat. Everyone continuously did the process, over and over again, losing their humanity at the moment.

Her screams turned into grunts, her struggles turned into pleads. As she begged for them to release them, the violence increases. They poured down alcohol on her wounds, wrapping their dirty fingers around her neck, stepping on her face and cheered at her agony.

As people began to left the dying girl, one man kneeled next to her side, smiling at her. Hope flashed in her eyes, but it was all a lie. The man pulled out a kunai, winking at her.

"Nighty night, little monster."

He grinned deviously, and slammed the blade down.

Ara's eyes snapped open, and she jolted up awake, instantly sat up on the bed. Her eyes was wide in shock, and she slowly ran her fingers through her hair, panting and trembling. Exhaling deeply, she let a tear fell onto the blanket that covered her legs.

"Damnit. Stupid Ara. I'm such a dumb, idiot, little girl. How come I let it haunts me?" She scolded herself, shaking her head disapprovingly, "It's like, three months ago! No, even more!"

As she finally calmed down, she dragged herself out of the mattress, and washed her face, changing into a simpler outfit and brushed her hair.

Ara took a glance at her guardian, and smiled softly. His company brought some kind of joy, a safe feeling, knowing that somebody was watching her, ready to caught her when she falls.

"Rise and shine, Yūsha! We have works to do today!"

The tiger growled in annoyance, his eyes fluttered open as he slowly raised his head. -What time is it?-

"It's already 5 in the morning!" Ara replied, smiling brightly, opening all the curtains.

-This is not healthy, Kasu. Seriously.- a certain fox chimed in. Ara shrugged, brushing her waist-length hair.

'I enjoy my lifestyle. I enjoy going on missions, helping people. I enjoy living here, I enjoy sleeping once in a week and starts my day early in the morning. Don't worry, Kusama.'

The Kyūbi huffed, and closed his eyes, recalling how this all started.

Not long after Ara was kicked out from Team Ro, she demanded to live alone, instead with Kakashi. After a long heated argument between 3 shinobis, Minato and Kakashi finally and reluctantly allowed her. She somehow managed to buy an abandoned house in Akasen, and in a week, she already had everything in place.

Ever since then, she began to do everything by her own. She never ask for help anymore, hardly ever hang out with her friends, and because of her Anbu status, she almost never met Kakashi.

It pained both Kurama and Yūsha, seeing their master unconsciously beat herself up every day. But they can do nothing, she was too stubborn for her own good.

As she grew older, she lost her sweet teeth, and her hair faded back to its original color. But she turned into a pretty girl. Her pale flawless face, her mismatched eyes, and also her soft pink lips somehow created a beautiful mix.

She doesn't bother to hide anymore. Her fox-like eye and her seal mark became her signature, no longer something she ashamed of. She had fully accepted people's hate on her, and managed to fake her emotions in front of her friends.

But she survived. That's all that matters for her.

-What's your schedule today, anyways? I thought Minato gave you a day off today...- Yūsha stated, jumping off the bed. Ara grinned even wider, and tied her hair into a ponytail.

"Well, we have to collect some herbs in the forest this morning, I'm running out of them. And when we returned back, we have to take Naruto and Sasuke to the Academy. After that, buy groceries for Kushina-san."

-That's all?-

She shook her head, "I have to go talk with the Hokage. Then take Naruto and Sasuke home from Academy."

"I also have to go to the hospital to take Kushina-san's medical reports. Lastly, buy groceries for us, and also some new kunais."

-This is insane.-

Ara chuckled lightly, shoving the list into her pocket.

"Let's go!"

*/*\*/*\*

Ara was standing at the Hokage mountains, eating a small loaf of bread while watching the sunrise, when she felt a cold metal against her neck.

-Damn. Where's Yūsha?- Kurama immediately asked her, but she only huffed.

'Currently hunting for his breakfast.' She replied calmly, throwing the last piece of her bread into her mouth.

"Why hesitate?" She asked the intruder. Instead of receiving a reply, the blade was presser harder onto neck.

"Seriously. What's your order? Kill me? Capture me? Or what? Do something." The Anbu ordered, letting out a scoff.

She immediately turned around, grabbing the katana with her bare hand, and spun around to behind him. She grabbed his free arm and held it on his back, under the other arm. She kicked the katana out of his grip and up to the air, then caught the handle with her teeth as it fall, holding the katana in front of his neck as she leaned her chin on his shoulder.

"What do you want?" She hissed.

"You're that infamous Kyūra, right? That solo Anbu from Konoha who infiltrated to our base a few days ago, and killed our leader."

Ara sweatdropped. "Which one? I stopped 4 different groups of rouge-nins this week."

The man growled. Before she knew it, a kick was sent to her direction. She instantly released him, grabbing his katana and turned it into twin daggers.

"So it's true. The jinchūriki could bend metal. But from what my informant told me, you can't do any jutsu." He said, pulling out a kunai, "Please prove me wrong. There's no fun in hunting a defenseless little rabbit."

If it was possible, the air got thicker. Ara didn't reply, instead she glared at the man.

Then she vanished into thin air.

Suddenly, chains shot up from the ground, immediately wrapped themselves around the shinobis.

Ara once again appeared behind him, now with Yūsha.

"Look, how interesting it is. The rabbit caught the hunter."

*/*\*/*\*

"Eh, Aneki..." A ravenette trailed off, tugging at the older girl's shirt, "We're here."

Ara was quickly snapped out of her thoughts. She knocked the door in front of her, and soon it was opened by a small blonde.

"Ara-nee! Wow, you're pretty early, dattebayo! I'll go get my stuff, wait!" He said in one breath, running back inside the house. In a few seconds, he was back at the front of the room, holding his back.

"Naruto Namikaze is here! Now come on!"

She chuckled at the blue-eyed boy's antics, ruffling Sasuke's hair as he crosses his arms.

*/*\*/*\*

"Bread, butter, eggs, milk, and cheese, right?"

"Eh?! You only bought those?"

Ara snickered, putting down the bags on the kitchen table and opened the fridge.

"Don't worry, Kushina-san. I'm talking about the second list you gave me."

The redhead grinned. "Glad to hear that, dattebane! Have you eaten breakfast? I can cook you some fried rice."

"I already ate, but thanks for the offer." She politely declined, putting the vegetables inside.

Kushina smiled softly, patting her belly. She was currently pregnant, waiting for her second child, hoping it would be a girl. Ever since then Ara had constantly visited the Namikaze household, doing her best to help out with chores. Minato is busy as a Hokage, and so she took care of Naruto.

"...It has been exactly eight year since I found you near Konoha, dattebane."

Ara took a glance at the calendar, before she smiled and hummed in reply.

"And I'm right. You are a great big sister for Naruto."

"It's nothing, Kushina-san." The Hatake replied, walking towards the door.

"Well, I have to go now. Ja!"

*/*\*/*\*

"You are insane." It was more of a statement, being said to the almighty Fourth Hokage by a mere Anbu as her refusal to her order.

"Please. Please, I beg you."

"Isn't there anyone else? Why me?"

Minato shook his head. "Only you. The graduation exam is only a week away. I need to find someone, you're my last hope."

"How about Itachi?"

"Fugaku insists. Besides, I need a girl. You know that each genin team consisted of 2 boys and 1 girl, right?"

Ara groaned. "You know how everyone treats me! They hate me, what will they say?! What will their parents say?!"

"One of your teammates is an orphan, and the other moved to Konoha 5 years ago. Most probably they don't know about the Kyūbi attack."

"How about my sensei?!"

"You remember Aiko? The Anbu that was in charge of you during the jōnin exam?"

"I know her. So she will be my sensei?"

Minato nodded.

Ara sighed. "Fine. But I want this to be considered as a mission."

"Deal. This is your C-rank mission, and from next week, you will be resigned from Anbu until further notice."

Ara grunted in reply. "Now that it's settled, give me the file for my mission tomorrow. I have to use my last days of Anbu as efficient as possible."

*/*\*/*\*

"Only a week, Ara! I'll be a genin!" Hana exclaimed, releasing her little brother, Kiba, as she grabbed Ara's shoulder, squealing in excitement.

Ara flinched at the loudness, but smiled nevertheless. She soon spotted Sasuke and Naruto, and frowned as they saw both the boys scowling. Sasuke ran towards her, and she instinctively bent down to his level. Sasuke put a hand on her shoulder, leaning close to her ears.

"Someone bullied Naruto again. This time they ruined his lunch."

Her eyes widened. Waving her goodbyes to the Inuzukas, she took Naruto's hand and walked towards his house, Sasuke following them.

"Are you okay, Naruto?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, dattebayo."

"You sure? Did your classmates treat you well? They didn't hurt you, did they?"

"I said I'm fine!" He snapped. Sasuke noticed a slight flinch from her, but Ara didn't say anything.

"If you say so, Naruto. But I'm here if you need me."

*/*\*/*\*

"Aneki," Sasuke started, after they dropped Naruto off in front of his house, "You always flinch at loud noises. Why is that?"

Her body tensed, but she shrugged. "I just... have bad memories with yellings and such."

"... Okay..."

"Anyways, Sasuke, when is the last time Itachi's home? I hardly ever see him now."

Sasuke sighed. "Last week. He's so busy. We hardly ever train or play together now."

Her gaze softened. "I have missions again tomorrow. Is it okay?"

"Yeah, of course. I can go to Academy by myself."

She ruffled his hair, a habit she gained from Kakashi. "You're gonna be a great shinobi, Sasuke. I'm sure of it."

*/*\*/*\*

"Ahh!! Thank you so much, dattebane!! You really are a great help!! How about you name my child later?"

Ara's eyes widened, and she immediately shook her head. "No, no, no! That would be too much!"

The redhead grinned. "We'll see. Maybe I'll force you. Anyways, Ara..."

At the change of tone, Ara went serious.

"I want to ask you about the Uchihas... This evening I went to visit but I was unallowed to enter..."

The white-haired girl narrowed her eyes. "Did the guards say anything?"

"Well, they said, besides the members of the clan, only Anbus, the Hokage or anyone in his behalf, and people with special permission from Fugaku can enter."

"That sounds... suspicious. Now that I think about it, I always have Sasuke waiting for me outside the compound, and I drop him off there, too." She told the Uzumaki, receiving a sigh in reply.

"I can't even contact Mikoto... Can I ask you a favor? At least, when you have the chance, try to sneak in. With your Anbu gear or as someone Minato sent. I need to talk to Mikoto. I got a bad feeling about this." Kushina said, smiling sadly.

Ara nodded.

"I'll keep an eye on it."

*/*\*/*\*

"Ara!! I need your help again!"

Ara tried to freed herself from the Yuzuki, but failed miserably. She blew the purple strands off from her face, and looked up at Yūgao who was hugging her tightly.

"What?"

"I can't take this anymore!" Yūgao exclaimed in reply, instantly releasing Ara, resulting in her landing on the ground with a loud thud. As Ara pushed herself up with a groan of pain, Yūgao didn't stop flailing her arms around.

"I'm scared! So damn scared! Kakashi has been acting weird for this past few days! What if he doesn't love me anymore?! What-..."

"Yūgao."

"...- bored with me?! What should I do?! I can't-..."

"Yūgao..."

"...-without him! I love him too much, I'm dying thinking about-..."

"Yūgao! Listen to me!" Ara finally yelled. The purple-haired kunoichi immediately fell silent, eyes wide in shock.

Ara was known for her patience. Not many people has the chance to see her anger. Now, she got the honor.

"Kakashi has been dating you for two years. He's not the kind who will lie or betray you. I know him. He's stubborn. He insisted for years not wanting to have any lover, but he accepts you as his girlfriend."

"You know what that means? That means you're special. That means you're different, you're perfect in his eyes. So don't worry. He's not going to leave you."

"Promise?"

She snickered, nodding.

"Promise."

*/*\*/*\*

After a long warm bath, Ara got herself dressed and went downstairs, still brushing her hair. In her living room, however, she found her brother sitting while burying his masked face in his hands.

"Eh...? Aniki, what's wrong?"

The older Hatake groaned. "This might sound ridiculous, Ara. Totally ridiculous. First, tell me, are you willing to listen without laughing at me?"

She cringed. He let out a sigh, taking deep breaths and finally looked at her.

"It's about you and Yūgao, right?" Ara asked, smiling innocently. Kakashi nodded, running his fingers through his hair.

"I'm not cheating on her, if that's what you have in mind. But right now the problem is more crucial. And I really need your help."

She raised an eyebrow. He exhaled slowly, biting his lip and finally told her the matter.

"How am I supposed to propose to Yūgao?"

Ara bursted out laughing.

*/*\*/*\*

So, here it is! An opening chapter of part 2!

I just want to
explain the inner conflicts of each characters. We got 2 new people on
the stage, by the way! Sasuke and Naruto will start their role!

Kushina, and her concern for the Uchihas (and second child!),
Yūgao and Kakashi with their relationship,
Naruto facing the bullying,
Sasuke worrying over Itachi,
Yūsha and Kurama about Ara,
And finally,
Karasu herself, who doesn't even realize that she has issues!

Now that doesn't sounds funny at all. I mean, now Ara is a workaholic, anti
social, insomniac, too freaking selfless for her own good, and last but
not least, still unbelievably awesome as always XD

I bet none of you see these coming:
1. Ara moving to Akasen
2. Kushina having another child
3. Bullied Naruto
4. Kakashi proposing to Yūgao
5. Hmm... What should I write.. Oh, I know! Aiko's going to be a sensei!

There are too much to disgest in a chapter, right? XP You guys will survive, I'm sure of it.

Tell me what you think. Your opinion on each problems (You don't have to comment on all), cause I'm curious XD

More like I'm bored... School is starting...

See ya!

Don't forget to vote and comment! >.<