Chapter 14 : Sacrifice

"And I win again." Ara said with a smirk.

Kakashi took a glance at the Shogi board in front of him, and let out a sigh.

"Why are you so smart?" He muttered, as he put away the board.

"Because I am!"

Kakashi chuckled. "Whatever. Wanna have a round of poker?" He asked, pulling out a stack of cards.

Suddenly, Karasu's body tensed.

"Ara? You're okay?"

Instead of answering, Ara's head snapped towards the front door.

"Kakashi... Did you hear that?"

Kakashi slowly put his cards down.

"You mean... Those crumbling sound?"

Ara nodded.

Bull and Guruko began to bark loudly.

"Can you feel it?"

Kakashi stayed silent, trying to sharpen his senses.

"An enormous chakra..." Ara added, her voice barely a whisper.

She stood up. "Kaa-san is the Kyūbi's jinchūriki, right?!" She asked in realization.

"Yeah... What's with that?" Kakashi asked back.

"During childbirth, the seal will be weakened!" She yelled, before running towards her room.

Kakashi stayed in his place, trying to process the information.

Enormous chakra... Kyūbi... Childbirth... Weakened seal...

His eyes widened. At the same time, Ara ran out of her room, with Yūsha behind her, as a giant tiger. She had Sukoshi on her shoulder, and Kirā in her grip.

"You can't leave." Kakashi growled, teleporting to the front door, blocking her path.

"You can't stop me! I can't let Kaa-san or Tou-san die! And I don't want to lose Naruto, or anyone in this village!" She yelled.

"But what if you die?! Minato-sensei told me that you must stay here no matter what! It's for your own safety!" He yelled back, pulling up his headband, revealing his Sharingan, ready for action.

"If they die, the whole village will mourn! You will be the last of your team!" She screamed louder, as she secretly dropped Sukoshi onto the floor.

"What about you?!"

The girl growled, making some handsigns, her eyes locked to Sukoshi. Before Kakashi can react, the wooden scorpion had stroked his leg.

Kakashi fell to the ground, clutching his leg in pain, betrayal is obvious in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. But if I die, at least Otou-sama will be happy. And I can finally meet my real mom."

That's the last thing he heard, before he blacked out.

A tear fell from her eyes, landed on his face, as she ran out of the house, towards the chaos.

*/*\*/*\*

"Stop here, Yūsha." Karasu muttered. The tiger stopped all of a sudden, and Ara jumped off his back.

'Please make sure that Naruto is safe.' She commanded.

-What about you?! Your safety is my priority!-

'Yūsha, this is an order!' She yelled.

Yūsha sighed. He can't argue with her, he knows that. -Be careful.- he said, before he ran away.

Ara took a deep breath. She's alone now. Sukoshi is guarding Kakashi, and