Chapter 41 : Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai

"Have you learned your lesson?" The brunette asked, her hands on her hips. The silverette in front of her cringed, nodding her head vigorously.

"Hai, Taichou!" She exclaimed, giving a salute.

Itachi laughed. "Taichou?! Hana as Taichou?"

"Hey, don't question my authority, Uchiha!" Hana yelled, pointing at the boy, her attention left the silverette.

Ara grinned, as she teleported away, and re-appeared in front of her friends.

"FREEDOM!" She screamed, doing a small dance. Hana's eye twitched.

"How dare you disrespect me! You-..." As Hana continue to ramble, Ara turned at Itachi.

"I thought I'm the leader here...?"

The Uchiha shrugged. "Want some ramen?"

Ara nodded, and the two of them quietly opened the door of their treehouse, then climbed down, and tried to made their way towards the village without the Inuzuka's knowing.

Keyword: tried.

"COME BACK HERE, MY MINIONS! DON'T YOU DARE RUNNING AWAY FROM ME!"

*/*\*/*\*

"ARA! WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME YOU'RE BACK, DATTEBANE?!!"

Ara's eyes twitched. She sighed, as she sat next to the Uzumaki.

"Because I'm too lazy to do it." She said, before she turned at the shop owner.

"Hi, Teuchi-san."

The man narrowed his eyes. "Is that you, Ara?"

She nodded, smiling at him.

"At last, kiddo. It has been a long time. Well, today's bowl is on the house, for you and all your friends."

"YEAH, DATTEBANE!"

"... Excluding you, Mrs. Kushina."

"NNOOO!!!!" The woman wailed, and Ara chuckled.

*/*\*/*\*

Back at the treehouse. Ara was crossing her arms, glaring at the Inuzuka.

"So, traitor. Where does your loyalty lay on?"

"It lays here, Taichou! Sumimasen! Gomenasai!"

Itachi snickered, watching his classmate begged for mercy, literally, to the oldest girl of all of them.

Ara sighed. "Fine, I forgive you." She said, still in her fake 'leader-voice', as she sat down. She then gave her friends a mischievous smile, which sent shivers down their spines.

"I have a mission for all of us."

Itachi raised an eyebrow.

"I need you guys to help me built a ship." She added.

"Uh... A boat-like ship, or a ship that our moms always bickering about?" Hana wondered outloud. Ara's smirk grew wider.

"The latter. So, are you guys in?"

"DEFINITELY!" Hana yelled, and turned at Itachi. She nudged him, "Yo, Weasel, how 'bout you?"

Itachi shook his head disapprovingly. "I'm so gonna regret this..." He muttered, "I'm in. Who are they?"

"Aniki, and his Anbu partner, Yūgao." She said, pulling out two photos, one for each the ship victim. Grinning devilishly, she then pulled out a notebook, settling it down on the table .

"Now, the plan."

*/*\*/*\*

"You can't be serious." Ara said flatly, giving Minato a meaningful look. The blonde raised an eyebrow.

"You're in denial."

"No."

"So you decline?"

Her eyes widen. "I accept! I just can't believe it! I'm just 10, okay?"

"I need a shinobi like you. The one who can surprise the opponent, and at the same time can blend into crowds easily. Your gender, your looks, and especially your age are great advantages."

"And you're very qualified. A jounin, in both Konoha, Kumo, and Suna standards." Minato replied smugly, pointing at the headbands on her upper arm, her forehead, and her neck, "And you should only wear the Konoha one."

She grinned sheepishly, taking off two of her headbands, and tied her black Konoha headband around her neck, "Are you sure? Me, as Anbu? A sugar-high jinchūriki with sleeping disorders and unhealthy addiction to cotton candy?"

"Deadly sure. I married a hyperactive redhead with ramen addiction, eating disorders, anger issues, and loud ramblings, and I dealt with those everyday."

"Wait until I tell Kushina-san~"

"... You wouldn't dare..." Minato growled, his face growing pale.

"Oh, you don't know me..."

"I'll ban the shops from selling sweets." He threatened, and she gulped.

"I swore to secrecy, Lord Hokage!" She announced with a salute, and he smirked in triumph.

"Back to the topic. When you pass the tests, I'll put you in Team Ro. You never go to the Academy and you have no mission experience from Konoha, so you will not get the ordinary Anbu Exam."

"Okay..."

"Tenzō, one of your teammate, will be here soon to give you the written test, then fight you, and give you your tattoo."

As the last sentence left his mouth, there was a poof, and the smoke cleared to reveal a scary-looking brunette, thatp managed to creep out Ara and made her scream.

"Karasu Hatake, right? My name is Tenzō."

Ara sighed. "Okay, lead the way, Captain."

"I'm not the captain," Tenzō said, "the captain is Kakashi-taichou."

Her eyes twitched. "Whatever. Let's just get this over with."

*/*\*/*\*

Ara jumped away, dodging the spikes that had suddenly struck put of the ground. She landed on a branch a few meters above her previous spot, but gasped when the tree itself began to rise. She let out a grunt and dropped herself, doing a backflip as her body turned into kunais and aimed at her brunette opponent.

Tenzō was quick enough to react. His hands created another set of handsigns, and an earth wall rose from the ground, blocking the blades for his safety. The kunais faded away and disappeared, leaving the Konoha ANBU alone in the Forest of Death.

Ara, meanwhile, leaped through the forest. Saying that she was shocked was an understatement. She thought no one has Mokuton. And this shinobi turns out to be a very talented user of it.

"Raven! Is that you?" she heard a familiar voice asked. She stopped, turning, to find a large centipede below her.

"Sekki! It has been a long time! How are you?" She asked, as she jumped down, landing swiftly on the grass.

"I'm fine. Anyways, where were you all these years?"

She giggled. "Kumo! I train with Hachibi, too! Anyways, Sekki, how's life so far?"

"Boring. People hardly ever visit this place. But it's so noisy on Chūnin Exams. Unlike you, shinobis either hide from us or kill us. It's not a pleasant event."

"I can imagine that," she said with a small laugh, as she sat on the ground, leaning on a large tree, "I went to visit my family, but turns out that they want to kill me."

"That must be sucks," Sekki replied bitterly.

She sighed. "Very. But I'm used to it. Anyways, change of topic, but I was wondering if I should have a summon."

"Not many people in your clan have a summon, Ara. The guardians often felt threatened at the summon's presence." Yūsha suddenly butted in, "I personally don't mind, as long as you don't summon him too often."

"I agree." Sekki confirmed, "And if you will only summon that animal for emergency, it should be a powerful one."

Ara nodded in understanding. She furrowed her eyebrows, deep in thought. Slowly, she turned at the centipede.

"Say, Sekki..." she began, "Are you a summon?"

Yūsha's eyes widen. "Are you seriously asking for a summoning contract with a beast?!"

"... Am I not allowed to?"

Before Yūsha can reply, Sekki had already answered the request. "Not many people do, that's the matter. The truth is, Raven, I am indeed a summon. A special summoning beast, because I can only have one summoner at a time. Fortunately for you, the spot is currently available."

"Oh Kami... I can't stop her now..." Yūsha told himself, now sulking.

"Can I? Can I? Can I? I want to!!"

"You see, Raven... If you make a contract with a beast like me, a contract sign will appear on your skin, as the sign of our contract, and also as a summoning tattoo. Also, my appearance will change when I have a summoner." Sekki told Ara, but she only shrugged in response.

"I think I can handle that."

"Alright." he said, as a scroll appeared between him and the girl. Ara opened it, and her eyes widened at the two names.

"Hiroshi Kigaeru... Tadashi Kigaru... they were your summoners?!"

"Correct." Sekki confirmed.

"Don't tell me that you watched the massacre too."

"Exactly. And after the other shinobis killed your clan, they managed to knock me out, and since then, I've been living here."

Ara narrowed her eyes, now staring at the scroll in doubt. "You didn't tell me." she stated, as she slowly bit her thumb.

"I prefer not to talk about that. However, I decided to told you what you deserve to know."

She nodded in acceptance, signing the contract, and watching as Sekki really turned from a giant centipede into a monstrous beast.

Not that she's going to judge monsters. For her, she is one herself.

*/*\*/*\*

"Woah, it looks beautiful!" Ara exclaimed, looking at the newly drawn tattoo on her right shoulder, "Thank you!"

"Don't thank me, thank Kakashi-taichou. He's the one who suggested Lord Hokage to put you in Anbu. Although I never expect you to have a mons-... giant animal like that."

She nodded, rolling her eyes, "Is it just me, or that 'Kakashi-taichou' thing is very disturbing?" Ara asked, turning at Yūsha, who gave her a confirming growl.

Tenzō's eye twitched, and he looked away. "It's all done you. You may leave."

She grinned, and teleported out of the Anbu headquarters, re-appearing insode the Hatake household.

"Aniki~" she called, "Look at this!"

Kakashi walked out of his room, and stared at his sister. She had some scratches on her skin, but all in all, she looks fine. On her right shoulder, there's a newly drawn Anbu tattoo. And on the right side of her neck, there's another dark purple tattoo shaped like a centipede.

Kakashi narrowed his eyes, approaching her. "Congratulations for the Anbu rank. But what is that?" He asked slowly, now his finger touched the strange tattoo in a careful manner.

"Uh.. Summoning tattoo...?" Ara asked back, cringing a little.

Kakashi opened his mouth to ask, but quickly closed it again and shook his head disapprovingly. "I'm not even going to ask..." He muttered, receiving a grin in return, "and by the way, we're having a mission two days for now. Just saying, so that Hana won't slaughter you."

Ara laughed. "Thanks for the consideration!"

*/*\*/*\*

What I would say to describe this chapter:
1. boring
2. pointless
3. crappy filler

We got another problem, though.
Give me ideas on what to write for the next special chapter. Writer's block is killing me TT^TT

Thank you for reading. Consider giving comments, votes, or following me.

Ja ne!