Chapter 46 : Incoming Storm

Ara's eyes widened. "M-My biggest f-fear...?" She stuttered, still in shock. Yuito didn't react. He gave her a firm nod, his eyes held some kind of smug glint, as he crossed his arms.

"You know the rule, Ara," he mocked, "Answer the question truthfully, no matter what it is."

"I-... Well, there's a lot..."

"That's not an answer," he said calmly.

She bit her lip. "Uh... I'm not sure..."

He chuckled. "Fine, then how about this? Ryota can ask his question first. You answer his, then mine."

Ryota gulped. "Why dragging me into this?!"

Yuito glared at him, "Just make this quick."

The brunette groaned. "Fine. What do you want to be?" Seeing Ara's confused glance, he cringed, "I don't know what to ask, okay?!"

"... An S-rank shinobi." Ara muttered, looking away.

Ryota's brows furrowed, before his eyes widened. "...Eh...?"

Ara nodded, smiling slightly. "Like a certain someone, and I'm not telling you who!"

"One of your parents?" The boy guessed, causing Ara to immediately turned away.

"H-How do you know?!"

"It's so classic, Hatake."

Yuito let out a chuckle, shaking his head. "Okay, enough. Now back to my question, freak."

Ara let out a heavy breath. "You're scary, you know?"

"So, your fear, beside me?"

"... I don't know, okay?" She lied smoothly. It's not completely a false fact, she has lots of fears. She just doesn't know which one is her biggest.

"That's impossible." Yuito retorted, "It doesn't make sense."

"We walk on water, standing upside down on trees, running on rooftops, we make things by yelling out nonsense and moving our fingers, we kill people with a small blade we throw all the time. We are shinobis and we hardly ever make sense." Ara stated as in a matter of fact, giving her teammates a flat look. Ryota burst out laughing at her statement, while Yuito's jaws fell agape.

"You're getting more and more illogical."

"Thank you for the compliment. Back to the first topic, I truthfully don't know what is my biggest fear. But I try to avoid thoughtless actions as much as I can."

"... What the hell..."

Ara shrugged. "That's just how it is, Yuito."

"... I guess we can't help it. Communicating with a freak is hard already, asking questions won't be easier."

Ara nodded. "Glad you understand."

*/*\*/*\*

Around midnight, after making sure that her teammates were asleep in the living room, next to their sensei, Ara went back to her room.

Her Anbu lifestyle often require her to stay awake even during nights, seeing as she works solo. There's no taking turns on keeping watch or such.

Ara sighed at the thought, sitting in front of her desk as she took a scroll and began to read. These kinds of sleepless nights should be used well, that's one of her principles.

A knock on her window interrupted her. Ara looked up, to see a certain Uchiha standing in front of her window.

A scoff escaped her lips. With a flick of her wrist, a chakra string shot up, tying around the window's handle, pulling it open. Shisui merely grinned at her, climbing in.