Chapter 26

Wanda's POV:
A few hours later it was getting late and Y/N looked exhausted but I knew she wouldn't leave to get some sleep.
"Hey why don't you get some water and stretch your legs? I'll stay with her." Y/N looks at me tired and smiles.
"Ok thank you," she says kissing me on the cheek. It was hard to see Nat like this. This was the woman that had got me through Vision's death and all my other pain. Y/N was right she needed both of us. Bruce said that she could hear us and I hadn't really spoken to her yet.
"Hey Nat you need to wake up because we all need you here. You told me once that if I broke Y/N's heart that she wouldn't be able to be fixed. Well the same goes for you. You need to come back Nat. You understand her in a way I never will. She needs you maybe even more than she needs me. I know you love her so you need to fight to get back here. She needs her best friend Nat and she loves you too I know she does. Not in a romantic way but in a way that I don't think I can understand or that she can. But we both need you Nat. You have to get better or she'll lose it and I don't think I'm the one to bring her back from the edge I think that's you," I explain to her hoping some of it will resonate getting her to wake up.

Y/N's POV:
Getting some air and a drink was just what I needed. I walk into the room and see Wanda sat in the chair watching over her talking to her about me. Listening for a moment I walk inside to assure her that none of that was true what she said about me needing Nat more or whatever.
"You're wrong Wanda," I start.
"About what?" Nat asks waking up. Thank God.
"That doesn't matter you're ok and awake. Please tell me you remember me," I inquire nervously.
"I could never forget your annoying cocky ass," she jokes and I'm so relieved.
"Excuse you my ass is second to none. We both know I've got a great ass," I say trying to lighten the mood.
"Stop making me laugh it hurts," she mumbles in pain.
"Ok sorry how are you feeling?" I ask concerned.
"I've got a headache but apart from that I'm pretty ok," she replies tiredly.
"Well you look good apart from the bandage round your head but don't worry you still look good. Carol would definitely still fancy you," I assure her.
"I need to make sure everything is ok and check her scans again," Bruce says.
"I'll be back later. Don't be giving me anymore scares ok?" I request. Before I leave I squeeze her hand.

As soon as we get to my room I feel the emotions overwhelm me. Wanda holds me tight as I try to compose myself.
"Sorry I didn't mean to get upset," I apologise to Wanda.
"It's ok. You don't have to apologise Y/N. It's natural. What was I wrong about ?" She asks.
"I heard the end of your conversation with Nat. You're wrong that I don't understand the way that I love her. I do. She's my best friend and that's it. The way I love you is consuming and intense and terrifying at times. You're also wrong that she'd be the one to bring me back from the edge. I was on the edge Wanda if you hadn't got my attention I could've hurt someone innocent. You were the one that brought me back from that. When therapy was hard you're the one I thought of. It's all you Wanda. I need you so much it scares me. You're everything to me," I explain.
"You really do have a way with words Y/L/N," she smiles.
"What can I say Maximoff? You've got me hooked. I mean only you and those magic hands of yours could've made me drop the whole sexy manipulatively charming thing I had going for me," I say smiling.
"I love you so much," she whispers.
"I love you too."

She smiles at you biting her lip. You lean in to kiss her and end up falling on the floor. She starts laughing uncontrollably.
"Are you ok?" Wanda asks giggling throwing a pillow over my face.
"I'm ok. Close your eyes," I mumble.
"What you going to get weird?" She asks.
"No trust me," I whisper. She closes her eyes.
"Okay." You flick a switch and stars are projected onto the ceiling.
"Wow that's really cool," she says smiling admiring the scene.

I climb onto the bed next to her and begin to talk about why I'd got it.
"I bought it so that we could have a piece of our trip. So no matter how hard life gets we will remember the moment when we planned our future," I explain.
"That was so thoughtful," she smiles.
"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you," I say proudly.
"I love you," she whispers.
"I love you too," I say as I kiss her. She climbs on top of me smiling down at me.
"I knew this would get me laid," I joke making her laugh before reconnecting our lips.