Chapter 28

Wanda's POV:
Today we were finally going to see the Lion King. Our show was at 2 as I thought we could spend the evening having a romantic dinner and walking around the city. Y/N was so excited I had to use my powers to send her to sleep. She was like a kid before Christmas.
"Are you watching me sleep again Maximoff?" She asks slowly opening her eyes.
"Maybe. Are you looking forward to today?" I ask blushing.
"Definitely. I can't wait to spend time with you away from here again," she says smiling.
"I'm going for a shower are you joining me?" I inquire biting my lip.
"Always," she says taking my hand.

We get dressed and head down for breakfast. Nat and Carol are already there.
"Morning lovebirds," Nat says smirking.
"You're one to talk Romanoff. We've barely seen you since Carol has been back," Y/N replies making Nat blush.
"I'm guessing things are going really well then," I add.
"Yeah they are. I think she's planning to stay indefinitely so maybe we should all go out together," Nat suggests.
"Romanoff is asking us on a double date I'm going to cry," Y/N teases her.
"We have a mission tomorrow so how about next week," I propose.
"I'd like that," Nat smiles.
"We better go come on Y/N," I say taking her hand.

We get a taxi into the city and it's already busy. Y/N was already excited she was smiling uncontrollably. We collect our tickets and get a stranger to take a photo of us outside the theatre. There's this big escalator that you go up and above it is an amazing carving of a lion. She was still smiling excited by the show. I kissed her on the cheek making her smile more.
"What was that for?" She asks smiling.
"Because I love you," I say proudly.
"I love you too," she whispers before kissing me. I rest my head on her shoulder and she puts her arm around me.

I spend a lot of the show just watching Y/N and her reactions. She was really loving it just taking in all of it. I just looked at her and thought this is the woman I'm going to marry. There's no question or doubt she's my happy ending. At the interval we go and get a drink. There's a kid in the corner crying Y/N and I approach him. She kneels down next to him.
"Are you ok?" She asks.
"I lost my mom," he cries.
"Did your mom tell you what to do if you got lost?" Y/N asks. He nods showing a bracelet with his mom's number on it. I get my phone out and send her a text with our location on it. The boy clings onto Y/N. This woman comes rushing over to us.
"Mom," he shouts running over to hug her.
"Thank you so much. What can I do to thank you?" she asks us.
"Nothing. We're just glad he's safe," I reply. Y/N takes my hand and we head back inside for the rest of the show.

Y/N loved the show. She sang along quietly but I could still hear her. I loved listening to her sing. When the show was over Y/N's looked sad.
"Did you enjoy the show?" I asked my beautiful girlfriend.
"I loved it but what made it so special was being here with the woman I love," she says smiling.
"I love you too. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Honestly I spent a lot of my time watching you," I admit blushing.
"I know. I will sing for you one day I'm just not confident enough yet. I mean when I sang before it's cause I had no other way to control my emotions," she explains.
"Babe please don't feel any pressure to. We've got the rest of our lives for you to sing to me," I assure her giving her a quick kiss.

Y/N's POV:
When we get out of the theatre it's 5 which is a little early for dinner so we decide to make the most of being in Times Square taking photos and just embracing our surroundings. We find this nice Italian restaurant around 6 and decide to go in for dinner. Wanda and I talked about the show and just about life.
"I think you're really good with kids," she says out of the blue.
"Really? I guess that bodes well for our future. I wonder what we would end up calling them," I reply taking her hand.
"Oh my god if we had a kid we would have to come up with some ridiculous name."
"What like Wanda?" I tease her.
"You don't seem to mind saying my name or shouting it so much in the morning or in the evenings or anytime in between," she quips back.
"Touché." She starts giggling.

I start to go quiet towards the end of the evening. There's something that's been on my mind but I don't know if it's too soon.
"Are you ok?" Wanda asks concerned.
"There's something on my mind but I think it's too soon and I don't handle rejection well. It's not a proposal or anything," I admit.
"I don't think you've ever been rejected in your life. You know you can always talk to me," She assures me.
"Well you see there's this woman I'm madly in love with and we spend all our time in her room because it's bigger and better. Our rooms are next to each other and I've been thinking we could use our powers and make it one big room but I'm too scared to talk to her about it incase she says no," I explain nervously.
"And what if she says yes," she smiles.
"Then we'd be living together," I mumble smiling.
"Are you asking me to move in with you?" Wanda asks. I nod embarrassed.
"I have to admit I'd been thinking about it. Life is short and if it means we spend even more time together and I can steal even more of your clothes then I'm all for it," Wanda agrees.
"So is that a yes?" I ask. She kisses me softly.
"Yes."

When we get back we use our powers to combine the rooms. It looked beautiful. I was so relieved she wanted the same things I did. Climbing into bed together I just felt so content. Wanda cuddled into me and we fell asleep safe in each other's arms.