Chapter 36

Y/N's POV:
It's Wanda's birthday so I get up early to make her breakfast. When I get to the kitchen Nat's there and smirks at me.
"Stop looking at me like that," I demand.
"Like what?" She smirks.
"Like you've seen me naked," I mumble.
"Sorry. Are you going to give her the Claddagh ring?" Nat asks.
"I don't know if now is the right time to give it to her. What if she doesn't like it or want it or if she's questioning whether she wants a future with me after that day?" I ramble nervously.
"Listen to me. That girl loves you and would probably marry you tomorrow if you asked her this is just a small step not a proposal she'll love it ok. Just don't overthink it," Nat encourages me.
"Thanks Nat. You're such a good friend when you're not picturing me naked," I say hugging her.
"What can I say Wanda's a lucky girl," Nat teases.
"So is Carol. I'll see you tonight," I smile leaving with breakfast for Wanda and I.

As I shut the door Wanda starts to open her eyes.
"Happy Birthday Wanda," I whisper.
"Thank you," she says sleepily. I bring over the tray with her breakfast and she gives me a kiss on the cheek.
"This is amazing Y/N. Is there anything you can't do?" She asks finishing the last of her pancakes.
"Resist those Maximoff eyes. Do you want to do presents now or later?" I ask her.
"Hmm later please," she requests putting her plate to side. She straddles me giggling.
"So what do you want to do now?" I inquire biting my lip.
"I just wanna do this," she says taking my shirt off.
"Happy Birthday babe," I smirk causing her to giggle.

Wanda's POV:
When I'm ready Y/N brings over my presents. She gives me a big box first.
"Ok before you open it. You know how we always talk about making memories together well I wanted to make sure we never lose those memories," Y/N explains. I open the box and she'd gotten me a camera like a proper camera with a lens and everything.
"Jesus Y/N. This is wonderful but how much did you spend?" I ask worried.
"Babe that doesn't matter. Let me spoil you please," she requests. She hands me over a second box. It's an adventure scrapbook for me to put the photos I take in.
"Ok drum roll please," Y/N says smirking. She puts down a box in front of me. I open it and inside are hotel reservations for Paris for next week.
"Oh my god," I say excitedly.
"So you like it?" She asks nervously.
"What is happening right now?" I ask nodding.
"Well I promised you we'd go to Paris after our first date I finally have the money for us to do that. I don't want to wait to travel the world with you. I want to start making memories now," she explains.
"I'm so excited," I say kissing her. She starts to look nervous.
"Are you ok?" I ask.
"There's another one. I've been back and forth with it but I want you to have it even if you don't want to wear it yet," she mumbles handing me a box from her pocket.
"It's a Claddagh ring like a promise ring, it's my promise to you that I'm in this forever. If you wear it on your right hand with the heart facing inwards it shows you're in a relationship. You change it's position with every milestone so when you get engaged and married. I wanted something to show and mark our journey as we progress in our relationship. If you don't like it I can take it back or you can stick it in a draw," she rambles nervously. The ring was beautiful I put it straight on my right hand with the heart facing inwards.
"Look at me. It's beautiful Y/N. You're so thoughtful and have already made this day so special. I love you so much," I assure her kissing her gently.
"I love you too. I actually got myself a matching one," she says getting up and going to the draw putting hers on.
"Babe."
"Yeah?" She asks.
"I don't want to wait until your contract is finished to get engaged. When the moment feels right I just want to propose," I explain smiling at her.
"Ok well whenever you do propose you already know my answer," she assures me smiling.

We spend an hour or so setting up my camera then we head to the lounge to see Nat and Carol to relax until the party later.
"I was starting to think you wouldn't be leaving your room until the party," Carol teases.
"I'm surprised you've got such a big smile on your face you usually hate your birthday," Nat smirks.
"We all make choices and I am choosing to have a great birthday," I declare.
"I think maybe Y/N had something to do with it too," Nat teases.
"Oh she definitely did. She's spoilt me rotten. I'm the luckiest woman alive," I say kissing Y/N gently. Nat hands me over two boxes. Opening the first box up it's a map.
"I know you want to travel so it's a scratch map. Every place you go to you scratch off. The second box is more of a joke present," Nat explains. I open the second box and it's socks with Y/N's face all over them.
"What the hell Romanoff?" Y/N asks making me giggle.
"She's obsessed with you even when you're away on a mission at least she has you nearby," Nat smirks.
"I love them. Look at how cute you are," I say making Y/N blush.
"These are from both of us," Nat mumbles.
"Oh my god you're doing couple presents," Y/N states excitedly.
"I think I'm going to cry," I mumble pretending to get upset.
"Shut up you two. I'm happy ok," Nat smiles earning a kiss on the cheek from Carol.

We spend the rest of the afternoon teasing Carol and Nat and laughing. After a few hours we go back to our rooms and get ready for the party.