Chapter 49

Y/N's POV:
I hated seeing Nat and Carol so distraught. They were both great friends to us. I get up early writing Wanda a note to say I'm going to check on Carol. Teleporting to outside Carol's room I knock on the door. She opens the door looking exhausted.
"Hey come in," she mumbles opening the door wider. On the bed is a bag with her clothes.
"Where are you going?" I ask.
"To see Monica. I haven't visited in a while and I just need some time to think," Carol replies throwing more stuff in her bag.
"Don't do this please. She does love you. I know she does just give her time to prove it," I plead with her.
"I want to be able to trust her completely but I just don't. She hurt me Y/N. I get she's scared but if she loved me she would've been able to talk to me. I'll only be gone for a few days," Carol explains.
"This is what she was afraid of you running. I know it's her fault but please stick by her. I've never seen her so happy as when she's with you. It's like this entire other side to her. Stay please," I encourage her.
"You're here begging me to stay. Where is she?" Carol sighs.
"You told her you needed time that's what she's giving you," I reply.
"What I want is for her to fight for me and yet it's only you I see," she explains tearfully.
"I see you've made up your mind. Do you at least want me to teleport you? And then you can call me when you want to come home?" I offer. She nods tearfully. She shows me the address and I teleport her there giving her a hug.
"I'm giving you three days to get your shit together and then you're coming back to her," I warn her.
"Thanks Y/N."

I teleport back to the house where Nat looks up from the sofa. Her face drops a little when she realises it's me.
"Hey. Where have you been?" She asks.
"I teleported Carol to go and see Monica for a few days. I begged her to stay to let you prove and show that you love her but she'd made up her mind. She'll be back in 3 days. I'm sorry," I explain. She starts crying.
"It's not your fault it's mine. I hurt her. She was open and did nothing but fight for me. I ran like a scared little girl. This is on me," Nat mumbles tearfully.
"She'll be back I know it. She loves you. That doesn't just disappear. But when she gets back you have to fight for her. You need to reassure her everyday because that trust is hard to rebuild. You know sometimes I'm still insecure about Wanda leaving me. Of course I know she won't but sometimes I look at her and think why is she with me. Then she looks at me or kisses me and all my fears float away. So you've just got to do the same with Carol," I advise her.
"Thanks Y/N. You're a really good friend not just to me but to Carol too. Can I stay here until she gets back?" Nat requests.
"Of course you can," Wanda says from behind me. She comes and sit down next to me kissing me good morning.
"Thank you. I'll make you guys breakfast and then we can get ready for the mission," Nat offers heading to the kitchen.
"I missed waking up to your beautiful face this morning," Wanda whispers.
"Sorry babe I just had to try to help. Yes Nat's our best friend but I care about Carol too. She needs to know that we're there for her," I explain. She kisses me smiling.
"I love you," she smiles.
"I love you too. You know I thought Peter would be the one we'd end up adopting not a 30 odd year old ex Russian spy but here we are," I joke.

Wanda's POV:
Y/N teleports the three of us and Steve to the base. Steve and Y/N work from the ground up and Nat and I work from the roof down. Sometimes I forget Nat doesn't have superpowers the way she can take out countless guards with little to no help she was phenomenal. I think it was helping to take her frustration with herself out on them. Knowing Y/N was with Steve I felt that bit safer they were becoming quite the double act. It also meant that I could focus on my own safety instead of worrying about hers. Nat was tiring herself out fast and the guards were starting to get a few punches in. I tried to help her as best as I could but she had no intention of slowing down. Out of no where Nat got thrown against one of the walls and didn't get up just clutched her side.
"Y/N Nat's been hit. We need you to get her back to HQ," I say over comms. Y/N teleports Steve to join me and picks Nat up teleporting her back to the hospital wing. Within a few minutes Y/N reappears to help us finish the mission. We were all distracted but managed to finish it with Fury men coming in after us to take them away.