Chapter 43

Y/N's POV:
I was going on a mission with Steve and Carol today as per Fury's request. He also requested we take the jet instead of me teleporting I think he wants that skill hidden. He's trying to prove a point not to mess with him. I didn't want to leave Wanda not for a second but I didn't have a choice. Only a few more months until we're both free. And hopefully we'll be engaged by then. I'm ready to start our lives together.
"How are you feeling?" I ask Wanda as she wakes up.
"You're the one going on this mission and you're asking me how I'm feeling. I love you," she says smiling sleepily.
"I love you too. I'll be back this evening and then we can cuddle watch one of those scary movies you know I hate but you love. It's going to be ok," I assure her.
"How long until you have to leave?" She asks sadly.
"We're leaving at 10 so we've got a few hours," I explain.
"Will you hold me?" She requests.
"Always," I say opening my arms.
"That's not what I meant," she smirks straddling me.
"Are you sure?" I ask brushing the hair out of her face.
"I need you to hold me," she says before kissing me passionately.

Once we're ready we head down to the kitchen for breakfast before we leave.
"Morning you two. Wanda how's the socks?" Nat asks trying to lighten the mood. Wanda lifts up her pants showing her socks with my face on it making us all laugh.
"Look how adorable she is," Wanda compliments me making me blush.
"Do you two want pancakes too?" Nat offers.
"Yes please Nat," I accept sitting down at the table next to Wanda.
"Why don't we start planning our next trip to take your mind off it?" I offer.
"That's a great idea," Wanda agrees.
"So what do you want to see when we're in Barcelona?" I inquire making a list on my phone.
"Can we go and see Guadi's work? I don't know what else there is honestly I just want to hear you speak Spanish," she giggles.
"There's La Sagrada Familia, Park Güell, Casa Milá, Camp Nou and Las Ramblas which is a long street with all sort of shops and restaurants and there are street artists," I explain.
"I just know I'm going to enjoy this trip judging by your pronunciation of those words," Wanda smirks.
"Behave Maximoff there are other people here too you know," Carol warns her.
"No pasa un día sin que me hagas sonreír," I whisper. She didn't know what I was saying but it made her blush anyway.
"What did you say?" Carol asks.
"Not a day that goes by without you making me smile," I explain gazing at Wanda. She kisses me gently.
"Seriously Y/L/N. You show me up all the time," Carol sighs.
"I'll teach you some Russian while we're on our way to the mission don't worry Danvers I've got you," I assure her.
"Thank you," she smiles.

We walk towards the jet and my heart started to sink. I hug Nat quickly because I wanted to say goodbye to Wanda properly.
"No jumping in front of any bullets this time. Look after yourself. If not for you then for Wanda. I'm so ready to be your maid of honour," Nat says hugging me tightly.
"Don't worry you will be soon," I assure her. Looking at Wanda she just starts crying.
"Hey. Stop that I'm going to be gone for what 5 hours or so. I'll be back this evening." I hug her tightly. I wipe her tears pulling her in for a loving kiss.
"I love you so much. Stay safe please," she requests.
"I love you too Wanda. Eres todo para mi mi amor (You are everything for me, my love)," I whisper kissing her gently.

Steve pilots the jet while Carol and I talk.
"Ok you might want to write the pronunciations of these phrases down. Ты красивая means You are beautiful. Поцелуй меня means Kiss me and Я люблю тебя means I love you. I don't know if you're there yet but it's a handy phrase to know," I advise her.
"I'm there but I don't know if she is yet. She's not the most open person with her feelings. I don't want her to feel pressured into saying something she doesn't feel yet," Carol explains.
"Carol you make her really happy. I'm pretty sure she's there too. Her birthday is next month why don't you have a nice date get her a nice necklace or bracelet and tell her then," I suggest.
"Thank you Y/N. You're a really good friend," she says smiling.
"I can write down some of the funner phrases that would probably scar Rogers if I said them," I offer.
"Yes please," she agrees.

We get to the base to recover the stolen goods. It seems a simple enough task I'm pretty sure Danvers could do this singlehandedly. Danvers lands on top of the ship working her way down and I teleport Rogers and I onto the lowest level of the ship.
"Go ahead kid test out your new abilities," Steve encouraged me. I smiled before taring through the guards one by one using a combination of my strength, speed and telekinesis. This was fun. My stamina was so much better too. Wiping out the lowest level was simple and I did it in a matter of minutes.
"Good job Y/L/N. Let's keep moving. It's not here," Rogers states. I follow him up to the next level. He wiped out one half while I did the other. It was such a rush. I forgot what it felt like to fight and win. I used my powers to tie the guards together with metal ready for Fury's men to collect. This level was clear too. The next level we saw a lab.
"What the hell Rogers I thought this was a stolen goods mission," I say angrily.
"It's recovering the serum mission. I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was asked not to," he explains.
"Screw you. I'm not recovering anything for them to use on someone against their will I'm destroying it," I state clearly.
"If you do this they'll lock you up again. Just think about what you're doing," he pleads with me.
"Then do it for me Steve please. This serum should die with the both of us. It's caused us all nothing but pain. Come on think about Bucky and the other winter soldiers, we destroy the serum and the lab and their records they can't replicate it," I beg him.
"Get the cameras," he instructs. I use my powers to burn out the footage. We break into the lab easily the passcode being the same as last time. I destroy the cameras in there too. Steve hesitates.
"Please Steve. If you don't I'll have to, I'll lose everything. You're untouchable. Please. You know this is the right thing to do," I reason with him.
"I can't. I'm sorry Y/N," he sighs.
"What's going on?" Carol asks walking into the lab.
"We're here to recover the serum. I want to destroy it but they'll lock me up if I do. Steve won't do it," I explain.
"I've got a better idea. We use it to bargain your freedom with Fury. He rips up your contract where you signed away your soul and you're free," Carol suggests.
"Do you think it could work?" I ask Steve.
"Yeah I think it will," he agrees.
"Ok let's go home," I declare collecting the serum carefully and putting it in the case.

On the jet home I'm excited not only for my potential freedom but for going home to Wanda.
"I've called Fury. He'll be waiting for us when we get back. You've got one shot at this Y/L/N. Don't mess it up," he warns me.
"I won't."