15- Run For Your Life

Grace POV

I go back to the stage where the dancers are waiting to see what song Is next. I glance over my shoulder to look at the crew. I see Mason taking deep breaths which builds worry in me. If he blows up here, we would be finished. I just hope that he realizes that and uses his brain.

Minutes ticks by as dances rolled on. It's now time for each dancer to dance their solos. As the others dance, I keep my eyes lock on Travis, Dominic, and Diego. The three targets for tonight. I can feel the stares of the groups burning into the back of my head. All too soon Coco leaves the stage and tells me it's my turn. I give her a nod and start climbing onto the stage. I get ready in my starting position waiting for the DJ to put on my song.

Song Of Choice- It's A Man's Man's Man's World by June Smollett- Bell.

This is a man's world

But it wouldn't be nothing

Nothing without a woman or a girl you see man made the cars

To take us over the road

Man-made the train

To carry the heavy load

Man-made electric lights

To take us out of the dark

Man-made the boat for the water

Like Noah made the arkThis is a man's world

It wouldn't be anything without a woman or a girl

I dance around the stage staring at all the guys in the room. When my eyes land on either Travis or Mason I let them linger a bit longer. I try to look like I fit in here and I do this all the time. I know that Travis is good at his job. The thing is I am better and I can play him like a fool.

Ooh yeah He's lost, oohMan thinks of our little girls and baby boys

Man makes them happy

'Cause man makes them toys

And after man makes everything, everything he can

Even though man makes money

To buy from another man

I dance off the stage again and go towards Travis and the group of guys he is with. I start to dance around them and on them as I also stare off into the crowd. If I'm not dancing with the guys I stare at the group and Mason telling them that this is okay and not to do something stupid. I can see Mason's hands clench and realizing as anger flows through his veins.

This is a man's world

It would be nothing

This is a man's world

But it wouldn't be nothing

This is a man's world

Wouldn't be nothing

Without a woman or a girl

As this song ends I end back in the same position I was in when I started but this time I'm staring straight at Mason. I get off the stage and head towards the back room where all the other dancers are. After the solos are done we are told to go out and start dancing out near the tables and to interact with the guest. As I walk out I see both Travis and Mason making their way towards me. I walk closer until I have to pick one of them. I smirk and grab his hand. I pull him in for a hug and he returns it. I look over and seen Mason getting more upset with me and look like he is about to punch a wall. Again. I look at him and mouth 'Go'. He takes the hint and walks to the bar to not raise suspicion from either Dominic and Diego as they are still seated in the same booth from before. I give them a wave that they kindly return back to me.