19- Behind The Mask

Grace POV

I'm currently sitting in Asia's room watching the girls getting ready for the party later tonight. I'm sitting on her bed watching Scarlett and Asia squeal over jewelry and makeup. I look over to Moxie who looks like she is having trouble zipping up her dress. I walk over and help her zip it up. She thanks me. She looks over my shoulder so I turn my body and look to see Asia and Scarlett walking up to us. Asia grabs Moxie and pushes her onto a chair and starts doing her makeup.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Scarlett says and walks out of the room with a little bounce in her step. She comes back with a red dress in her hands. "What's that," Asia asks her. "I made Grace a dress even though she told us she wasn't going to come," Scarletts explains. I give her a look and she copies the look jokingly. "Scarlett it's a very pretty dress but you're not talking me in this. I made up my mind already " I tell the two girls hoping they won't press me on this. I grab the dress from her hands and sit it on the bed. Their faces drop but Asia continues to do Moxie's makeup and Scarlett finishes getting ready.

Once they are all finished getting ready they all crowd around the mirror. I walk over and put my hands on Moxies shoulders. All three of them are seated now still around the mirror putting on their mask and I'm the only one standing. "You guys look beautiful. Your shining like diamonds" I tell them. They all look through the mirror smiling up at me. "Don't forget guys, always smile for the camera and don't have any problems tonight. I would tell you not to steal the spotlight but I know you guys, you will do that anyway." "You know Grace you could come with us and steal the spotlight too," Asia tells me. I give her a pointed look that says I've decided and I thought we were going to talk about this anymore. Before we leave the room I tell them yet again. "Beautiful people. Everyone wants to be like you."

They carry their shoes downstairs. Right, when we get to the door they slip their shoes on and I look at the guys. They are all suited up and have their masks on. I look over to see Mason having trouble putting on his tie. I walk over and help him put it on. He thanks me and I just nod as my reply. I walk backward a bit till I'm standing in front of the group. I give the group one last warning to not stir up any problems and then they got into the car and left.

Once I see that they are down the road I rush up to Asia's room to get ready since thats where all the things are. Once I get there I look over to the dress I bought and then to the dress that Scarlett made me. I quickly grab the dress out of the bag and slip it on. I look to the full-length mirror and see the way the dress hugs me in all the right ways. Like if it was made just for me. Well, duh, Scarlett made it for you, Idiot. It auctions off all of my curves that I grew up hating until my Abuela made me start loving them. I walk over to the vanity and start to apply my makeup. I do a light makeup look except for the lips. I make them bright red to match the colour of my dress. I slip on my heels and I'm about to walk out of the room until I remember one important detail. I run back to my room and grab the box out from under my bed. I pick up the black lace mask that was supposed to match my black lace dress. I gently place it on my face and look one last time at the mirror. Once I'm satisfied with my looks. I walk out of the room and then out of the house. I step into my private car in which my driver speeds off and heads to The Reyes mansion. I sit in the back of the car hoping and wishing that this night doesn't completely go to shit.

I pull up to The Reyes hotel and see that it's seven, which means that I am half an hour late. Not too bad if I'm being honest. I quickly sigh before I plaster a fake smile on my face as one of Reyes's workers opens the car door and gives me his hand. He helps me out of the car and up the stairs to get inside. Once I'm inside the person who works the door tells me to head straight in and to go to the ballroom. I give him a nod and walk through the house until I land in front of the doors to the ballroom. I look to my left and see yet another person who works for Reyes. I tell him that Mr. Reyes personally sent me. I ask him where he is. The young man points to me down the stairs and to the right. When I look over I see Luis Reyes laughing with a few older men that I simply can't figure out who they are and Elijah his son. I thank him and start to walk over.