Chapter VII- A solemn day aboard the ship

The usual routine ensued as the maids began to clean any mess on the Halberd. A gentle breeze blew through (Y/n)'s hair as she mopped the deck. A few feet away, she saw Meta Knight stood solemnly, staring off into the distance.
Obviously something was wrong, he'd never done anything like that before. Usually he would be in his room or talking to his fellow crew mates about where they were off to or reminiscing the memories they shared together. But, no. There he stood, glancing over at their surroundings. Startled, (Y/n) looked at who just touched her shoulder - it was Mollie! "Something wrong? Or is your crush on Sir Meta Knight that strong?" She teased.
Bashfully, (Y/n) responded,"N-..No! He just looks so solemn and so upset.." she stuttered, feeling a deep sense of pity for him.
"Oh...he's probably thinking of his old friends. Y'know, Jecra and Garlude? Not sure many others there are.." Mollie mumbled to herself.
Enraptured, (Y/n) urged her to carry on. "Who are Jecra and Garlude?"
Clearing her throat, Mollie got ready to tell her everything. "Jecra was a star Warrior/ Galaxy Soldier that fought alongside Meta Knight in the war against NME. Jecra was abducted and turned into a monster, forced to slay his own friends. However, it was Meta Knight who slayed Jecra. Before he died, he handed Sir Meta Knight a locket with a picture of his son, Knuckle Joe, inside of it. Garlude was also a star warrior/ galaxy soldier who helped Sir Meta Knight reclaim Galaxia after a monster stole it. They were successful in doing so, but Garlude lost her life in the process. Both of these Star Warriors/Galaxy Soldiers have a child who's clashed with Sir Meta Knight before, with the thought that he had left them to die." Mollie told her.
"How'd you know all that? Did Sir Meta Knight tell you himself?" (Y/n) asked.
"No, he didn't. He never told us, we found out by reading a book in the library of Castle Dedede which is back in Dreamland. When we found out about it, we kept it until we knew it off by heart." Mollie admitted. "By kept I meant steal."
Gasping, (Y/n) covered her mouth,"You shouldn't do that."
Snickering, Mollie shook her head,"Look, Dedede is as stupid as a human baby. He doesn't miss the book and he never reads it."
(Y/n) did see Mollie's point..if he didn't read it then he didn't really need it..
"Now you know, your heart must be sinking in your chest..how hurt he must be. Yeah, that was all of our reactions to Sir Meta Knight's dark and twisted past. Every time I tell someone, I feely spine run cold and my skin begin to crawl.." Mollie whispered, her voice sounding a bit creepy paired with the words she'd spoke.
"Oooh, please stop." (Y/n) urged, covering her face with her hands.
"Very well. I have high hopes for you, Miss (Y/n). How far you will go..How well you will do..it excites me to think about your potential and your final outcome. You will go far, I can feel it."
(Y/n) was a bit confused, they'd gone from talking about Meta Knight's past to her future.
"You can't go forward if you are still holding back. Sir Meta Knight knows that, and so should you." She continued.
"About Sir Meta Knight...why does he spend so much time in his room some days?" (Y/n) wondered.
"The locket he was given by Jecra upon his deathbed, he takes a liking to solely staring at it sometimes, more than likely deeply reminiscing memorable moments of their lives together. The two were best friends, after all." Mollie said. "I can imagine he would get a bit emotional while doing so, and we all know Sir Meta Knight does not like presenting himself as an emotional person. He thinks that being emotional is a holdback or a flaw, and makes you easy prey. That's the last thing he would like people to think of him as."
"Hmm..of course he would. Well, even if he did cry in front of us, it shows us that he feels emotions as well. Yes, it may display him as weak or vulnerable but it's refreshing to know that even the strongest of warriors can break as easily as glass can." (Y/n) reminded her.
"To be honest, that's a good argument..Sir Meta Knight obviously doesn't see it like that, but I get the perspective you're coming from." Mollie nodded in agreement.
The girls glanced over at Meta Knight, seeing his eyes had changed colour to a pale pink. Mollie tilted her head to aside.
"His eyes were green before, now they were a pale pink. He's..embarrassed?" Mollie stammered.
"What does that even mean?!" (Y/n) accidentally shouted.
"Well, green means he's in deep thought. Pale pink means he is deeply embarrassed, but what about? Wait.." Mollie stopped.
Tiptoeing over to him, she put a hand in front of his mask,"Mollie, what are you doing?"
"Oh, so you are awake. Just checking, Heheh. What are you embarrassed about, Sir Meta Knight?" She asked, demanding an answer.
"N..nothing, what makes you think I am embarrassed?" He nervously snickered.
"Your eyes, Sir Meta Knight, you can't lie." Mollie reminded him.
"Mierda..well I thought you would know since you know a deal about me already." He sighed.
It took Mollie a split second to come to realize what he was on about. "Is it the fact you sit in your office and admire the locket Jecra gave you millenniums ago? And the fact you can get emotional about it?" Mollie guessed.
"Correcto." He told her.
"Hey Sir Meta Knight, don't be so bitter about it. We all have something we get emotional over. You're a bit more normal to have it be a memoir of a friend." Mollie calmly smiled.
"If that's the case then what makes you emotional?" He asked her.
"Heheh, I get a bit giddy and sometimes overreact around razor blades. Haha..pathetic of me, I know." Mollie informed him.
"Well, why is that? All it is is a thin bit of plastic with a few metal blades?" His eyes turned orange in confusion.
"Well, I have self harm experience and I used them to slit my skin open. I thought you would know that considering you found me as I was going to kill myself. I still am grateful to this day about that. Thanks." Mollie thanked.
"I was completely unaware of that.." he mumbled.
"Don't mention it." Mollie told him.
(Y/n) watched the conversation go down between the two, wondering if they would say anything about her..
Sighing, she realized they were too busy with their babbling that they had forgotten about her. Walking off, she went ahead to go and do her chores.